Ramada State College Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #23 of 26 Hotels in State College
BUCKINGHAM
“dirty bed”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

bed linens had dried blood stains on them or some other red marking...which cause me to sleep on sheet above stained linens...shower was less than clean as well...being next to pool made room smell of chlorine and very noisy

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

JBS1234, Director of Sales at Ramada State College Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Good afternoon David, thank you for taking the time to post your review. I apologize for the less than desirable room service you had. Please consider us for a second chance in the future, we would like the opportunity to make it up to you.

Best Regards,
Jennifer Brooks-Stahl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
  • Korean first
PHILADELPHIA
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Room was comfortable, staff was very accomodating. Location was ideal, as this was a trip to visit family close by.

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

JBS1234, Director of Sales at Ramada State College Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Dear Kandis, thank you for taking the time to share your great review. I am delighted that you had a good experience while visiting your family. Please do not hesitate to give us a call in the future, we would love to have you back.

Best Regards
LAFAYETTE HILL
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Hotel is in a good location with nice rooms, pleasant staff, and a good value. Overall staff was very pleasant and helpful.

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Hi Claudia, I am so pleased that you enjoyed our facility. We would love to have you back!

Kind Regards,
WINDBER
Reviewed August 17, 2012

The room was not vacuumed, had water dripping from the ceiling and the tile floor in the bathroom was not clean.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Good afternoon Dina, thank you for bringing these matters to our attention. If you could, please provide me with your last name or room number and I would be happy to investigate further. I expect a room change at the very least was offered to you by our front desk staff? If I can be of further assistance please do not hesitate to contact myself or my front office manager Ann Kerr at 814-238-3001. I do apologize for any inconveniences.

Travelers are raving about these State College hotels

ANN ARBOR
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Stayed here for family member's graduation from Penn State. It is about a 7 minute easy drive away from the football stadium and other sports fields, so it's great if you need to attend a graduation ceremony or attend a sporting event and you want to take your car.

I am not a big fan of motels/hotels with rooms that open to an outdoor "hallway", so we requested a room in the atrium area near the pool. Atrium poolside noise was not a problem for us. We had a disabled family member that uses a wheelchair with us, so we stayed on the first floor--I don't think there is an elevator to the second floor.

My interactions with staff was varied before I arrived; some staff were pleasant on the phone, but one male staff member was rude, acting as though I was bothering him by calling in to ask questions--I even waited until later in the evening when I knew there would not be a rush of guests, but he still acted as though he did not have the time/patience to ask questions I had related to disabled access to rooms. Once we arrived, however, staff was very helpful and pleasant.

The rooms were generally comfortable, but the bathroom did feel humid and damp. Also the toilet seemed to have problems flushing--you had to hold the handle down a long time.

The restaurant and bar at the hotel were very good for our purposes: basic breakfast and dinner. The wait staff was cheerful and very helpful, also the prices were very reasonable--including those for room service.

The hotel felt very safe. Also, I was told by someone not affiliated with the hotel that this hotel (unlike many others in State College) has never had a bed bug problem. In short, if I ever visit State College again, I will try to stay here.

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Hello, thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I am pleased that you found our location convenient. We do offer hotel and motel style rooms, as our property is very unique. We do have an elevator however it is located in the main building and only accessible from one section of the property.

I am very sorry for the unpleasant interaction you had with a staff member, if you are able to provide me with further detail I will handle accordingly as our desk agents are trained to provide excellent customer service.

Safety is a legitimate concern amongst travelers, and I am delighted that you felt safe here. It is great to hear that!

Kind Regards,
CONYNGHAM
Reviewed August 16, 2012

pleasantly surprised with whole stay. the outside pool, cabana,basketball court volleyball area & horse shoe pit helped pass the time for our baseball players. it was added benefit that made our stay a very unique trip

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

JBS1234, Director of Sales at Ramada State College Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review during your recent stay with your Baseball Team. It is so nice when groups are able to take advantage and enjoy all the amenities that our hotel has to offer. Hope to see you again in the future.

Best regards,
York, PA
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Just finished another trip to state college and another great stay at the Ramada. Not sure what else you need. Rooms have all the essentials: fridge, nice TV etc. Great bar (Harrigans) located in the hotel. Amazing free breakfast buffet in great dining area. Indoor and outdoor pool (the outdoor pool was great, arrived during a hot spell). Easy access to all things Penn State. Most of all, friendly, courteous, professional employees, who seem truly happy to help in any way they can. Certainly there are many choices for accommodations in State College. But you won't go wrong with the Ramada. As I said in the title, they never disappoint me.

Room Tip: It's a big facility. May want to be near the pool or bar. They always seem happy to work with yo...