Ramada State College Hotel & Conference Center
$93
AscendHotels
  • Restaurant
Hilton Garden Inn State College(State College)(Great Value!)
$152
$139
$105
Days Inn Penn State(State College)(Great Value!)
$101
$93
Hampton Inn State College(State College)(Great Value!)
$107
Sleep Inn(State College)(Great Value!)
$71
SleepInn
Best Western Plus University Park Inn & Suites(State College)(Great Value!)
$102
$92
$82
Comfort Suites Penn State(State College)(Great Value!)
$89
Toftrees Golf Resort(State College)(Great Value!)
$84
$82
1,546 results
All reviewsoutdoor poolrefrigerator and microwavebeds were comfortablestaff was friendlypjkerrannweekendsbanqueteventfootballconcertgraduationcollegecampus
Reviewed July 2, 2012

The hotel gave a good first impression, the staff was helpful and the lobby was clean, but the room I stayed in was not that great. I ended up staying in the C building, which is not connected to the main hotel. The room was decent, however I found a cockroach as I was leaving, as well as multiple other bugs. The bathroom was decently cleaned, and the room was not disgusting, but it was definitely not as clean as I would have liked.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room in the main building!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
JBS1234, Director of Sales at Ramada State College Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Greetings, thank you for posting your review. I am delighted that you found our staff helpful. As far as the Cockroach sighting, Id like to look into that as in all the years I have been employed here we have not had any reports. Perhaps it was a Stink Bug as the larger Stink Bugs in the area can look similar.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

We stayed here for a wedding weekend. I was very disappointed in our stay overall. We ended up with an interior room (not near the indoor pool, as others have complained about) so no window. It was like a cave - tiny, dark, and depressing. The bathroom was so small my husband had to walk sideways to get in and out of it.

We could have survived (probably) without a window, but it was SOOOO loud in the hall at night. The 2nd night, I had been awakened by people yelling back and forth in the hallway, talking loudly etc - which continued for over an hour. Then another guest must have gotten confused (or drunk, as most of them sounded) and pounded loudly on our door wanting to be let in. By this time my husband, 2 kids and I were ALL awake. My husband went to speak to the front desk and was told they were aware of the problem and we would be issued a $30 discount. My husband responded that we had requested a place to stay and get a good night's sleep, and as they were unable to accommodate that, he'd like to speak with a manager. Manager wasn't available. And not-surprisingly, he still "wasn't available" when we checked out the next morning.

One more concern I had: our hallway was accessible through a door from the front/side parking lot that is not kept locked???

Also FYI- though a reservation during the week includes a free breakfast, weekend reservations do not.

We would never stay here again.

Room Tip: request one with a window
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Hello, thank you for taking the time to share your review. It is true that our interior rooms do not have windows to the outdoors. When we constructed that particular area, the fire code did not allow for us to put in windows. As far as the noisy guests, unfortunately all guests do not act appropriately and I am glad that the staff was able to compensate you in some way. It is true that our General Manager is available Monday through Friday from 9am until 5am, if you were visiting on a weekend he would not have been scheduled, but we always have a manager on property. The doors that lead to the exterior we cannot lock, as guests and employees need to be able to exit and enter. In conclusion I apologize for your less than desireable stay.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

I booked the rRamada for a legion tournament and was impressed with the overall experience. Rooms were clean, staff was friendly, close to everything and great price. If this is how all the Ramadas' are then, I will be staying at their locations whenever needed. Even the GM emailed after my stay to thank me. Talk about customer service.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Greetings, thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review. I will pass onto my staff your kind words.

Reviewed June 28, 2012 via mobile

I'm not sure where some of these people stayed but it could not have been the Ramada. I checked in my room to find the bathroom disgusting. Check out the pictures. The toilet looked like a frat house. I informed the front desk about the issue. Three hours later I return to my room to find it hastily wiped and the tp thrown in the toilet unflushed. Geez, I could have done that myself.

I was here for a conference and at the break I found a hair in my cookie. The food is subpar at best. I hope the conference facilities are cheap because if any amount of $$ was paid they should get a refund. I hope to never have to attend another metering here again.

I'm only here for one night and I can't wait to check out.

• Stayed: June 2012
JBS1234, Director of Sales at Ramada State College Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2013

Good afternoon, thank you for bringing these matters to our attention. I apologize for your less than impressive stay and I will speak with my staff regarding the issues you encountered. If you would like to discuss further please feel free to contact myself or my Front Office Manager at 814-238-3001.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

I stayed here recently for a convention and was perfectly satisfied with everything at this inn. My room was kept immaculately clean and the overall condition of the hotel was very good. The pools, both indoor and outdoor were well maintained. The food served at our banquet was very good and the lunch I ate in the restaurant on site was extremely good and very well-priced for hotel food. I would definitley recommend this hotel to anyone looking for lodging in the State College area.

Room Tip: Request a room in the main building if you have difficulty walking long distances.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Greetings! Thank you for sharing such a great experience with other Trip Advisor members. Your positive comments are evidence that our property does have a lot to offer. Our guests enjoy our seasonal outdoor pool, indoor pool, Volleyball and Basketball courts, and onsite restaurant P.J. Harrigans. Please visit us again!

Thanks again,