“Great Location for Penn State and Great Hotel”

Ramada State College Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #22 of 26 Hotels in State College
Reading, Pennsylvania
“Great Location for Penn State and Great Hotel”
Reviewed November 4, 2011

Have been staying here on football weekends for about 15 years. Service is always great and the Front Office Manager (Ann) has gone above and beyond on many occasions. Close enough that you could walk to Penn State campus but hotel is not directly downtown - which can get a little too crazy at times. Rooms have been upgraded over the last few years and the during the last stay the rooms were very clean - which wasn't always the case previously. Overall nice rooms and the bedding was very comfortable also. Parking is no problem.

Room Tip: Request outside entrance for fresh air unless you like the easy access to the indoor pool.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
JBS1234, Director of Sales at Ramada State College Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Greetings, I thank you for sharing your experience with other members. I am delighted to hear that you have made us your choice for lodging in State College. Ann Kerr has been with us for many years now and shes acheived awesome guest satisfaction every Football season. I will be happy to share your comments with her. Go Penn State!

Jennifer Brooks-Stahl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Korean first
Baltimore
Reviewed November 4, 2011

We have been staying the Ramada in State college for over two years and are never disappointed. Ann Kerr and her staff are terrific and provide top accommodations. There's a nice restaurant on property and Beaver Stadium is just a short drive for GameDay tailgating.

T.J. Brightman- Bel Air, Maryland

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Dear Mr. Brightman, thank you for taking the time to share your lovely experience. I am so glad that Ann and her staff were able to accommodate you and make for a better experience. I see you are a dedicated guest, are you part of our program Wyndham Rewards? If not we can enroll you the next time you stay. We welcome you back anytime!

Collingswood, New Jersey
Reviewed November 1, 2011

have been coming here for a football weekend for 15 years gets better each visit ann kerr front desk manager is the best and so are the other there beware of the bar they may flag you before you sit down and you might not had a drink before you stop there

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Wow George, I must say it is impressive that you have been staying with us for over fifteen years! We are honored that you have made us your home away from home. I hope you are a member of our rewards program, Wyndham Rewards? We look forward to seeing you next Football season. Go Penn State!

Millersville, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed November 1, 2011

Make many trips to State College for work and for weekends to watch various sporting events. Also great to know that I am going to get a great room at a fair price. The kids love the indoor pool over the winter time.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Hello Jeremy, we thank you for sharing your great experience with other members. I am thrilled that the kids enjoy the heated indoor pool. I hope you get a chance to stay with us in the summer when we have the outdoor pool open. We welcome you back anytime!

Boothwyn, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I have stayed at the Ramada Inn & Conference Center at State College three times and each time I stay - I find more things about the hotel I love. I even sent my parents there for my dad's birthday and to visit our daughter in college. The rooms are very clean. The beds are by far the most comfortable hotel beds I have ever slept in. Every one you meet is very pleasant and cannot do enough for you. I would strongly recommend this hotel and I honestly do everything in my power to make sure when I need to visit State College I book early so that I can stay at this location!!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
JBS1234, Director of Sales at Ramada State College Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Hi Connie, thank you for taking the time to share your excellent review. I am honored that you have chosen to stay with us, we certainly are a great value in State College. Are you familiar with the Wyndham Rewards program? They award you points for every dollar spent, and can be later redeemed for future stays. We can enroll you right at the front desk. We'd love to welcome you back again soon!

Kind Regards,
Dillon, Colorado
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Any home football weekend is busy and the service and friendliness of the staff was outstanding over the weekend! The hotel is well kept and everyone staying at the hotel commented on how wonderfulness everything was. The lobby bar was full of excitement with great service.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Hello Bob, thank you for taking the time to share your review. I am delighted to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay. I also thank you for making us your choice hotel in State College. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Have been staying at this property between 3 and 6 times a year since 2005. since that time they have taken and implemented all suggestions and have renovated almost all rooms to meet standards that are expected in this price range. (flat screen tv's updated fixtures, nice bedding, etc). Staff is extremely friendly even when the house is full.

The only downside is that the price increases for football weekends this year were too high and as a result we stayed less times this year than in years past.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
JBS1234, Director of Sales at Ramada State College Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Hello Jim, thank you for sharing your experience. I am delighted that you noticed we welcome guest's suggestions and make every effort to improve our standards. Since your last visit we have done even more renovations, we even did a lounge expansion. We would love for you to visit again and see the updates for yourself.