Ramada State College Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #23 of 26 Hotels in State College
PA
“Not Clean”
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Although the room had some hotel extras such as shampoo etc. Over all the room had a strong bleach smell that came from the sheets, horrible yellow pillows and the best was the underwear behind the bathroom door to which the front desk said "EWEE"
Move on to find another place.
Breakfast was nice if you got there first thing, in an hour most was gone and not replaced.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
JBS1234, Director of Sales at Ramada State College Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Greetings, thank you for taking the time to bring some issues to our attention. Your comments validate the importance of having an understanding, caring, and compassionate staff. I apologize for the lack of service you encountered and I would love for a chance to make it up to you. Our guest rooms have since been updated, as well as a lounge expansion. We would love to show you our improvements.

Best Regards,
Jennifer Brooks-Stahl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Korean first
Reviewed July 18, 2011

Looks like a motel, but the rooms are pretty nice inside. The Ramada has a tiny weight room, a game room for the kids, and an indoor and outdoor pool. $149 a night is a little steep, but the price could have been because it was Arts Fest weekend.
Very comfortable beds with lots of pillows.
Advice to people staying here... get a Atrium room. It's much more quiet than the rooms on the outside of the hotel, which are right on the main road.
The breakfast buffet is a cheap option for under $8 a person, but don't expect anything fancy. Bacon, sausage, french toast, eggs, oatmeal, toast, etc.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
JBS1234, Director of Sales at Ramada State College Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, July 25, 2011
Thank you for your detailed review to of our hotel. We work very diligently to offer one of the best values in the State College area by offering a wide array of amenities and services to our guests As you mentioned, our rates were higher than normal due to the Arts Festival Weekend, although, many of the hotels are over $200 a night for the same time frame. We look forward to your return stay and if I can make your reservations for a future date, please do not hesitate to contact myself or any staff member.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 18, 2011

Visited for Arts Festival and had a great time in State College. Some interior rooms at this Ramada, but it is basically a Motel on the far end of a busy road (322/Atherton St) which runs through the town. There is not much on this side of Atherton St, basically other motels. If you were a very hardy sort, you could conceivably walk into town, but it would easily take 45- 60 mins, depending upon where you want to go. There is a convenient Catholic Church, Our Lady of Victory, on Westerly Parkway (not really a "parkway" at all, just a shady suburban street with sidewalks). Whole neighborhood is safe and family-oriented, except for the student areas which look a little rundown.

The Ramada is huge with good onsite diversions: 2 pools, volleyball, horseshoes, basketball court. Also supposed to be a game room, but we didn't see it, unless this was the room by the indoor pool full of pinball machines. Yuk! Also, we saw no free cookies in the lobby the 3 days we were here. Breakfast buffet was good and cheap; we paid on the weekend only-- Monday was free, but a little skimpier. Waistaff in restaurant and Bar were friendly and attentive. Drinks in Bar were very reasonable and the Margarita was excellent. Front desk was irritable with busy check-out but otherwise helpful. LOCAL Newspapers were free at desk-- NOT delivered to room.

Rooms are smallish but okay. Vanity area in room is cramped with little space for toiletries. There is an armoire in the King room with ample drawer space. Two major problems: Sheets did not appear to have been changed for us; however, this was promptly attended to when I mentioned it. Also, we were on the outdoor pool side where there was an extremely loud roaring sound all the time-- sounded as if you were inside an airplane cabin. I don't think this was as loud on the other side of the hotel, but my companion thought it was the same all over. Maybe an overloaded and outdated air conditioning system ? Needless to say, it was very hard to fall asleep at night-- but once asleep iwe were was okay.

Doubt if we will stay here again. We probably can do as well, if not better, someplace else for about the same rate.

Room Tip: Might be advantageous to ask for a room away from the air conditioner or whatever is making all that...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank evangeline57
Thank you for taking the time to post a tripadvisor review of our facility. While I am sorry that you found some issues with your stay, I am glad that you enjoyed our restaurant facilities and found our waitstaff to be accommodating. We contract with the local newspaper for rooms to be delivered to your guest room, so I am ot sure why it was not delivered to your room. We also offer free USA Today at the front desk. As for the cookies, we do make cookies on a daily basis, however they are generally only available for a few hours in the afternoon. If you could please email me at jbs@ramadasc.com, I could further comment on your stay and investigate the noise complaint as well. Again, please accept my apologies, as I will review with the staff and use this review as an opportunity to improve.
Elkhart, Indiana
Reviewed July 17, 2011

My wife and I stayed at this Ramada while attending a family reunion and I would never stay here again. The room was cramped, the wall paper was coming loose at the seams, the toiled didn't work well at all (it took several flushes), the ventilation system was very noisy and the whole room was outdated. Additionally, you get all this with premium pricing. I will add the Ramada Hotel to my Never-stay-at-again list.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Tripadvisor. I am sorry that you had a less than pleasant stay, however, it is difficult for me to specific stay without knowing your last name or room number. I would hope that our staff would have been able to fix your guest room issues if they were reported. Please contact me at jbs@ramadasc.com, so I may investigate this further. As for the rates, we do offer very competitive rates, but there are many dates in July when rates are at a premium in the entire town.

Travelers are raving about these State College hotels

South Carolina
Reviewed June 29, 2011

The management goes all out for this moderately priced hotel. All the attributes that most of us are looking for in a small city hotel are here- clean and updated rooms, comfortable mattresses, modern and comfortable lobby, friendly staff, quite and well behaved patrons. Also, the hotel is well maintained with outside landscaping and overall attractive general appearance of the building. The inside pool area, although dark because it's surrounded by rooms, is nicely appointed and spacious and serves as a fine sitting area. We didn't try the restaurant or lounge but it looked inviting. Our stay was for 3 nights and I'd definitely return.

Room Tip: Ask for pool side rooms to be near pool.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
I am so delighted that you enjoyed your stay at our facility this summer. I will pass along your comments to our staff, as we believe our employees are our greatest asset. I look forward to your return stay, and please contact me if I may be of any assistance.

Ottawa
Reviewed June 27, 2011

We stayed at the hotel with a group of about 25 people. The hotel is well situated and clean. The rooms were large and either had a king bed or two doubles. They were fairly comfortable. The bathrooms are very basic and could use a little upgrade. The sink is outside the bathroom itself, which may or may not suit some visitors. There is both an outdoor pool - very nice - and an indoor pool and hot tub - convenient if the weather is bad. When you reserve, try to say away from the rooms that look onto the indoor pool area if you are concerned with noise (or the smell of chlorine).

there is a complementary breakfast on weekdays, which we did not partake in, as we were only there on the weekend. I looked at the fare on Saturday morning, and its contents and $7.99 price were not enticing.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent stay at The Ramada Conference Center. I am glad you and your group enjoyed your stay and hopefully you were able to use both our indoor and outdoor pools. As for the guest room bathrooms, we have upgarded some of the bathrooms, and are planning on renovating additional bathrooms next year. We look forward to your return stay with us.

upstate
Reviewed June 24, 2011

This was our second stay at the Ramada in State College. They rooms are nice and clean..not to mention one of the best beds I have slept in at a hotel. The stay was for a travel softball team both times. Very easy to book the block of rooms with a great rate! The kids loved both the indoor and outdoor pool. Breakfast is available but not included(for the rate we got..didn't matter much) Staff was eager to please and very courteous. See you soon..I am sure.

Room Tip: If booking a block of rooms..call hotel directly.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
I am very pleased that you found your guest room accommodations to be clean and comfortable. As mentioned, the hotel does have rooms located by the pool, which many guests prefer such as yourself, although, there is sometimes a noise factor which we try to minimize. I look forward to your return stay, and I will pass along your comments to our staff.

Jennifer