Visited for Arts Festival and had a great time in State College. Some interior rooms at this Ramada, but it is basically a Motel on the far end of a busy road (322/Atherton St) which runs through the town. There is not much on this side of Atherton St, basically other motels. If you were a very hardy sort, you could conceivably walk into town, but it would easily take 45- 60 mins, depending upon where you want to go. There is a convenient Catholic Church, Our Lady of Victory, on Westerly Parkway (not really a "parkway" at all, just a shady suburban street with sidewalks). Whole neighborhood is safe and family-oriented, except for the student areas which look a little rundown.
The Ramada is huge with good onsite diversions: 2 pools, volleyball, horseshoes, basketball court. Also supposed to be a game room, but we didn't see it, unless this was the room by the indoor pool full of pinball machines. Yuk! Also, we saw no free cookies in the lobby the 3 days we were here. Breakfast buffet was good and cheap; we paid on the weekend only-- Monday was free, but a little skimpier. Waistaff in restaurant and Bar were friendly and attentive. Drinks in Bar were very reasonable and the Margarita was excellent. Front desk was irritable with busy check-out but otherwise helpful. LOCAL Newspapers were free at desk-- NOT delivered to room.
Rooms are smallish but okay. Vanity area in room is cramped with little space for toiletries. There is an armoire in the King room with ample drawer space. Two major problems: Sheets did not appear to have been changed for us; however, this was promptly attended to when I mentioned it. Also, we were on the outdoor pool side where there was an extremely loud roaring sound all the time-- sounded as if you were inside an airplane cabin. I don't think this was as loud on the other side of the hotel, but my companion thought it was the same all over. Maybe an overloaded and outdated air conditioning system ? Needless to say, it was very hard to fall asleep at night-- but once asleep iwe were was okay.
Doubt if we will stay here again. We probably can do as well, if not better, someplace else for about the same rate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have recently revamped our breakfast for the weekends and it will be 9.99 plus tax. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your Ramada State College Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Inn And Conference Center State College
- Ramada Inn & Conference Center State College Hotel State College
- Ramada Inn State College
- Ramada State College
- State College Ramada