1,583 results
All reviews outdoor pool refrigerator and microwave hot tub staff was friendly nice stay pj kerr ann weekends banquet event facility football graduation college campus
Reviewed June 27, 2011

We stayed at the hotel with a group of about 25 people. The hotel is well situated and clean. The rooms were large and either had a king bed or two doubles. They were fairly comfortable. The bathrooms are very basic and could use a little upgrade. The sink is outside the bathroom itself, which may or may not suit some visitors. There is both an outdoor pool - very nice - and an indoor pool and hot tub - convenient if the weather is bad. When you reserve, try to say away from the rooms that look onto the indoor pool area if you are concerned with noise (or the smell of chlorine).

there is a complementary breakfast on weekdays, which we did not partake in, as we were only there on the weekend. I looked at the fare on Saturday morning, and its contents and $7.99 price were not enticing.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
JBS1234, Director of Sales at Ramada Hotel & Conference Center by Wyndham State College, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent stay at The Ramada Conference Center. I am glad you and your group enjoyed your stay and hopefully you were able to use both our indoor and outdoor pools. As for the guest room bathrooms, we have upgarded some of the bathrooms, and are planning on renovating additional bathrooms next year. We look forward to your return stay with us.

Jennifer Brooks-Stahl

Reviewed June 24, 2011

This was our second stay at the Ramada in State College. They rooms are nice and clean..not to mention one of the best beds I have slept in at a hotel. The stay was for a travel softball team both times. Very easy to book the block of rooms with a great rate! The kids loved both the indoor and outdoor pool. Breakfast is available but not included(for the rate we got..didn't matter much) Staff was eager to please and very courteous. See you soon..I am sure.

Room tip: If booking a block of rooms..call hotel directly.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

I am very pleased that you found your guest room accommodations to be clean and comfortable. As mentioned, the hotel does have rooms located by the pool, which many guests prefer such as yourself, although, there is sometimes a noise factor which we try to minimize. I look forward to your return stay, and I will pass along your comments to our staff.

Jennifer

Reviewed June 22, 2011

Overall, the room was clean and comfortable at a reasonable price. The room size is average and beds were comfortable. Our room was located by the pool, which was not a big deal until their was a function going on with loud music. However, it only played until 11. The everyday pool noises were not too loud and if you had your TV on in the room you could hardly even tell.

Room tip: If you don't like noise, stay away from pool
Date of stay: July 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
JBS1234, Director of Sales at Ramada Hotel & Conference Center by Wyndham State College, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2013

Good Evening, thank you for taking the time to share your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do often have functions in the Atrium however if you happen to visit us again I would be happy to assign you a room elsewhere just in case. Thank you for visiting us!

Best Regards,
Jennifer Brooks-Stahl

Reviewed June 15, 2011

I returned to State College to visit with fraternity brothers from the seventies, a sort of reunion. I stayed at the Ramada for two nights in room 230. The room itself was adequate and had the usual Ramada amenities. However, it was near the indoor pool and the reception area used for things like wedding receptions. So, every morning at precisely 8 AM the children would be in the pool not using indoor voices. The area is a large atrium and it was noisy and voices echoed. A wedding reception was on Saturday but it was not too bad. Overall, the hotel is adequate for a short stay, nothing fancy, and is in fair condition. I did not use the restaurant or bar.

Room tip: Avoid at all costs a room near the atrium/pool
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay in June. While many guests prefer the poolside rooms, they are noiser than our other rooms due to the indoor pool and atrium area. I hope you will stay with us again and the future.

Jennifer

Reviewed April 9, 2011

This is a very nice hotel. The staff was friendly and provided a free airport shuttle for us late at night which very helpful. The room was comfortable and clean. The complimentary breakfast consisted of eggs, sausage, and other hot items in addition to the normal cereal, yogurt, etc. There were also cookies in the lobby which was a nice surprise. The rooms are located around a pool in an atrium style which was a cool feature. The surrounding area seemed nice too. The only comment I can make is that the comforters appeared a little dirty. Overall I would stay here again.

Date of stay: April 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
JBS1234, Director of Sales at Ramada Hotel & Conference Center by Wyndham State College, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2011

Thank you for your wonderful comments about our facility. I am glad you had the opportunity to enjoy our free hot & cold weekday breakfast buffet which is a great value for all of our guests. In the near future, we are also going to be revamping our breakfast area to include a new design and layout. I will send you a message regarding your comforter as we will need to clean or replace that specific one, but will need your name and/or room number. Thanks again and we look forward to your return stay.