“Comfortable Stay”

Ramada State College Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #23 of 26 Hotels in State College
Reviewed June 22, 2011

Overall, the room was clean and comfortable at a reasonable price. The room size is average and beds were comfortable. Our room was located by the pool, which was not a big deal until their was a function going on with loud music. However, it only played until 11. The everyday pool noises were not too loud and if you had your TV on in the room you could hardly even tell.

Room Tip: If you don't like noise, stay away from pool
  • Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
JBS1234, Director of Sales at Ramada State College Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2013

Good Evening, thank you for taking the time to share your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do often have functions in the Atrium however if you happen to visit us again I would be happy to assign you a room elsewhere just in case. Thank you for visiting us!

Best Regards,

There are newer reviews for Ramada State College Hotel & Conference Center

Reviewed June 15, 2011

I returned to State College to visit with fraternity brothers from the seventies, a sort of reunion. I stayed at the Ramada for two nights in room 230. The room itself was adequate and had the usual Ramada amenities. However, it was near the indoor pool and the reception area used for things like wedding receptions. So, every morning at precisely 8 AM the children would be in the pool not using indoor voices. The area is a large atrium and it was noisy and voices echoed. A wedding reception was on Saturday but it was not too bad. Overall, the hotel is adequate for a short stay, nothing fancy, and is in fair condition. I did not use the restaurant or bar.

Room Tip: Avoid at all costs a room near the atrium/pool
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
JBS1234, Director of Sales at Ramada State College Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2011

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay in June. While many guests prefer the poolside rooms, they are noiser than our other rooms due to the indoor pool and atrium area. I hope you will stay with us again and the future.

Jennifer

Reviewed April 9, 2011

This is a very nice hotel. The staff was friendly and provided a free airport shuttle for us late at night which very helpful. The room was comfortable and clean. The complimentary breakfast consisted of eggs, sausage, and other hot items in addition to the normal cereal, yogurt, etc. There were also cookies in the lobby which was a nice surprise. The rooms are located around a pool in an atrium style which was a cool feature. The surrounding area seemed nice too. The only comment I can make is that the comforters appeared a little dirty. Overall I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
JBS1234, Director of Sales at Ramada State College Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2011

Thank you for your wonderful comments about our facility. I am glad you had the opportunity to enjoy our free hot & cold weekday breakfast buffet which is a great value for all of our guests. In the near future, we are also going to be revamping our breakfast area to include a new design and layout. I will send you a message regarding your comforter as we will need to clean or replace that specific one, but will need your name and/or room number. Thanks again and we look forward to your return stay.

Reviewed March 9, 2011

Due to an unexpected heavy snow fall, our Special Olympics group of 15 athletes and 5 coaches had to spent a night at the State College Ramada Inn. Although our arrival was late at night and knowing that we had spent nearly 3 hours on the road in horrible weather conditions, the front desk staff went way beyond the normal call of duty to make our group feel welcome. They arranged discounted pizza and drinks from a nearby shop, set up conference rooms with plates, napkins, cups and cutlery so we would have a place eat comfortably and managed to situate us all in adjacent rooms. As Head of Delegation and responsible for the well-being of our athletes, I commend the staff and the Ramada organization for their extra effort. Thank you.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business

Thanks for taking the time to post a review regarding your stay with the Special Olympics group. I must say that the athletes, coaches, and staff are top notch and our staff truly enjoys hosting the event in March. I am glad that we were able to get you quickly accommodated and I will pass along your comments to our staff including our front office manager, Ann, that does an amazing job for us. We look forward to your return stay next year!

Reviewed February 8, 2011

We recently stayed at the Ramada Inn and Conference center for 2 nights. I had gotten an excellent internet rate so my appraisal is based upon the fact that the rate was quite low ($53 without tax) and it was a weekend between semesters @ Penn State. This means the hotel and the town were reasonably quiet and the hotel/rooms were pretty quiet as well. This is an older hotel which has had some make-overs & upgrades over the years. We were greeted by a cheerful desk clerk, our check in was handled smoothly and the type/location of the room I had requested on line was honored. Our room was basic but clean. We had some minor issues with the shower head in our bathroom (it only trickled water) but a call to housekeeping got this taken care of promptly. The king size bed in our room was surprisingly comfy for a hotel in this class/price, and everything in our room worked. Free WiFi was available and functional. They have an on-site restaurant "PJ Harrigton's" where we had lunch one day - good but nothing to get real excited about. The main reason I picked the Ramada was for a winter get-away. They have a nice sized indoor pool & hot-tub. The indoor pool is in a large courtyard which they tried to make look tropical with use of large foliage plants. This indoor courtyard was kept nicely heated and that was a welcome surprise because it was an extremely cold weekend during our visit. The pool is nicely heated as well and has a small, built in "waterfall" feature of sorts. Be advised that if you book a room that is considered an "interior courtyard" you rooms will face inward towards the pool and this is an enclosed space and probably becomes quite loud at times. We had asked for an exterior facing room which we knew would be quieter but also would include a walk through the very brisk outdoor air at this time of the year. Luckily they had booked us in a room which was only 4 rooms down from the door leading to the pool courtyard. In summer they also have an outdoor pool. Be advised that the Ramada does rent out the pool(s) for "birthday parties" / etc. for kids, and I imagine it would be hard to find out if such an event is scheduled during your stay. There was a party just arriving while we were using the indoor pool but we were just about to leave anyway. The Ramada is located across the street from another hotel (The Autoport) which has two restaurants, a nice bar and weekend entertainment. The Autoport's "Blue Dog Diner" is a great choice for breakfast. http://ramadasc.com/

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review. We appreciate your assessment of your hotel, and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. While I am disappointed that you had some minor issues, I am delighted that maintenance was able to remedy it quickly. I hope that you will return to our facility in the near future. If I can be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me at 813-321-9114.

Reviewed December 14, 2010

My Wife and I have been coming up to State College to attend 1 PENN STATE football game yearly for the past 16 years. About 10 years ago we got lucky enough to make reservations at the Ramada Inn in State College for our annual football game. Well do I need to say more? We come back twice a year sometimes now but definitely once and the RAMADA INN at STATE COLLEGE is the only please to stay. We got ot know Ann Kerr - the Front Office Manager and she is one of the MAIN REASONS we will always come back. Ann made us feel great / wanted / and really cared. These day's not many people go out of their way to help anyone. Ann goes out of her way to help everyone. Not only Ann , but the entire hotel is a pleasure and if you don't try this hotel, YOU ARE MISSING A LOT.
THANK YOU RAMADA AND THANK YOU ANN KERR.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
JBS1234, Director of Sales at Ramada State College Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to post a TripAdvisor Review regarding your recent stay with us. First of all, let me say how much we appreciate your business over the past 16 years, and I hope that you will be a loyal guests for many years to come. It is my pleasure to work with many fine managers, including Ann Kerr. I would concur with you that Ms. Kerr is one of those outstanding customer oriented individuals that does everything she can to make each guest feel special. I will pass along your comments to Ann and all of our other employees that work so hard to make each guest feel special.

Reviewed December 2, 2010

We are loyal customers of the hotel - one of the best overall value packages in the State College area.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
JBS1234, Director of Sales at Ramada State College Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2010

Thank you for your kind comments regarding the Ramada Conference Center! We realize there are many options in the market and we appreciate your continued patronage. If I may be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me or any other staff member. We look forward to your return stay.