I took my daughter for a college tour at Penn State. We booked a room at the Nittany Lion Inn. I went through the Penn State website that will give a discount. The hotel is located right on the Campus which is really convenient. The parking is free in the parking deck if you are a guest of the hotel. The campus bus stops in front of the hotel and goes into town. No need for a car. The hotel has a lot of charm and the staff was really helpful. The room was clean and the beds were very comfortable. We booked a room with canopy beds. It was a suite with a couch and reclining chair. Very nice! In the morning we noticed that there were feather pillows in the closet that we could have used. The bathroom was clean and very large with a double sink. It also came with a microwave and refrigerator. It was worth the extra money to upgrade. My only complaint is that the water in the shower did not get hot enough. I would defiantly stay here again. Next time I might try to book through a travel sight. It might be cheaper.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Nittany Lion Inn is a Penn State landmark, rich in history and tradition and a proud member of the National Trust Historic Hotels of America. Our AAA Four Diamond rated property is located on the campus of The Pennsylvania State University, serving as a travelers’ haven and a popular gathering place for Penn State alumni. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Cancelon, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and Agoda so you can book your Nittany Lion Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nittany Lion Hotel State College
- Nittany Lion State College