We loved the charming decor, convenient location to the campus, good food and good service. We appreciated the apples in the lobby and the gardens surrounding the hotel . The decor in the public areas of the hotel and the bedrooms was well coordinated and relaxing. The parking was ample and convenient. The fitness centre was adequately equipped and was clean.
Ten of us had dinner in a private dining room. The food choices and the service were perfect for our occasion. We also enjoyed the buffet breakfasts. The staffs were accommodating when we lingered over our coffee.
We happened to be there during the art festival. The festival itself showed very high quality artists from as far away as New York City. It was lovely to be able walk on pretty pathways from the hotel through beautiful gardens on get to the show.
We were pleased with the wheelchair accessibility in our room, and in the public areas. The staff was helpful and willing to help if we needed it.
We certainly felt that we got good value for what we paid. The atmosphere of the Inn very well suited the gorgeous Penn State campus. We hope to return sometime.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Nittany Lion Inn is a Penn State landmark, rich in history and tradition and a proud member of the National Trust Historic Hotels of America. Our AAA Four Diamond rated property is located on the campus of The Pennsylvania State University, serving as a travelers’ haven and a popular gathering place for Penn State alumni. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Nittany Lion Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nittany Lion Hotel State College
- Nittany Lion State College