Nittany Lion Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
Imperial Motor Inn(State College)
Rodeway Inn(State College)
  • Breakfast included
Sleep Inn(State College)
View Hotel
Days Inn Penn State(State College)
Quality Inn(State College)
Autoport(State College)
View Hotel
All reviewswhiskers barfree applespenn statehistoric hotellobster bisqueplace to stayfresh applesshuttle servicein towncan't beat the locationwithin walking distancefree shuttleparking garagehappy valleyuniversity parkwonderful staydowntown area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 10, 2012

The gym has been the same since I graduated PSU over 10 years ago. This gym needs updates and has cardio machines out of order, missing and/or just plain old. Updates are needed desparately and am shocked it hasn't happened already. Everytime I think about how much I spend on a hotel room here and think of the quality of the gym it infuriates me!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ck1waste
PSHSReservationsMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Nittany Lion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

We appreciate that you have taken the time to provide your us with your thoughts on your experience with us at the Inn. I am so sorry to hear that we did not deliver the value that you were looking for during your stay!
We do have plans to continue to enhance our Fitness Center, including the arrival of a new treadmill this week. All overnight guests of the Nittany Lion Inn are also welcome to use the indoor lap pool at our sister property, The Penn Stater, and our Guest Services team can drive you across Park Avenue to the facility. We hope that your next stay provides you with an even better experience!

Reviewed October 2, 2012

I've stayed at the inn many times in the last two years and every time it has been a positive experience. The place is a bit pricey but with a child on campus it's worth the extra dollars of parking the car for the weekend.

Also..Whiskers Pub has become my happy place...free popcorn and great beers on tap...After a long day of running around the campus it's a great place to relax.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
PSHSReservationsMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Nittany Lion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stays with us! We love giving our PSU Parents a great place to stay so close to their students. Please be sure to join our Facebook page to stay up to date on special offers and packages throughout the year to make your visits even more enjoyable! We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

I am a Penn State grad, and it is a treat to stay at the Nittany Lion Inn when visiting campus. Yes, there are less expensive places in town, but this is an outstanding property and a campus landmark. It is right next to the Lion Shrine, and next to Rec Hall, but it is secluded at the same time. So, you get the fun and convenience of staying on campus, but none of the noise you remember from your dorm. They offer a free shuttle so you don't need your car. But with such a beautiful campus, you should be walking anyway...especially if, like me, you can't stay away from the Creamery's Ice Cream. Every part of the campus is walkable from here, including the stadium.

I've stayed here several times and the staff is great...very polite and helpful. I was here while the hotel was being renovated, and that work is now done. The results are great. The lobby and common areas are very nicely appointed. I'm not sure if I was in the "new" or "old" section. The room was not large but was adequate and had both a coffee maker and a refrigerator. I had no problem with noise, but the clientele at this hotel is less likely to be partying in the hall at 2 AM anyway. We ate in the dining room on Friday and enjoyed the buffet. There was something for everyone and all of it was excellent.

My five-star rating is based on the fact that I think it is by far the most outstanding property in town.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your feedback! The Friday night Seafood Spectacular is one of our favorite dining events too! We appreciate you taking the time to let others know about your experience, and hope that we will see you again soon. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to have you as our guest!

Reviewed September 15, 2012

My co-workers and I stayed during career fair week. The hotel was very accommodating to us. Nothing new to me -- I've stayed here many times over the years and always enjoyed it greatly. Fine facility, clean, safe, comfortable, spacious rooms. Great restaurant and nice lounge. Top-notch conference facilitieis. Ample free parking. Convenient shuttle. And on campus.

The two things that could use improvement:
(1) wifi signal is weak and needs to be boosted (though it is far better than it was 2-3 yrs ago)
(2) could use a safe in each room -- few area hotels offer an in-room safe, but it is common in 4-5 star hotels.

But, again, these are minor -- the Inn remains easily my top choice for staying in State College.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

We are so thankful for your continued loyalty to the Nittany Lion Inn and hope that we can continue to provide a welcoming place for you during your visits! While we are continuing to improve our complimentary WiFi signals, please be sure to let us know prior to your arrival that you will be accessing the network, and we can get you in the most appropriate room where the signal may be stronger.
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your stay - we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Twice in the 2012 year we have booked standard rooms to visit our children. On both occasions on check-in we were told that only suites were available at a much higher rate. Their answer, "you stay in a suite, you pay for a suite." Due to their mismanagement since these reservations were made months in advance, the traveler gets rude response and inaction. Traveler beware. If this has happened to you, I advise a complaint to the Pennsylvania Attorney Generals office for investigation. Mr. Purdum is the manager of the hotel and the source of this problem.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Millertime4pats
PSHSReservationsMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Nittany Lion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to voice your concerns with your accommodations. We appreciate having the opportunity to address any disconnect that may exist between our guests and our desire to provide the best service.
After our discussions, we now understand that the selection of the suite in your online bookings was not your preference, and have noted your profile accordingly for a preference of a standard room. While many times we can accommodate a room type change at check-in, during periods of high demand and limited occupancy, we sometimes do not have additional room types available. We sincerely apologize that the room type configuration presented as an alternative was not acceptable, and hope that we now have a better understanding of your needs. In the future, we are always happy to assist you personally with any questions you may have about our room types, room features and amenities by calling our Reservations team directly at 1800-233-7505. We sincerely apologize for any frustration you may have experienced, but do hope that you enjoyed your stay.