“Great!!”

Ranked #10 of 26 Hotels in State College
Newburgh, New York
“Great!!”
Reviewed November 17, 2010

I have nothing bad to say!! Great stay! Great staff! Clean rooms! I was even allowed to check in early! Thank You!!!

Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Valley Forge
Reviewed November 8, 2010

I travel to State College a few times a year for business. Until now, I've always stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn. I'd rate those rooms a bit nicer than this property but not dramatically so. The Hampton appears to be a bit older, though it's pretty well maintained. But really, you're in town for a reason and unlikely to spend enough time in the room to pay much attention to the difference.

Especially if I were paying the bill myself, I'd stay here every time; it is an excellent value. It's $30 cheaper than the HGI but the desk clerk, when she noticed that I was booked on a corporate rack rate, proactively asked whether I had a AAA membership and gave me that discount, so the difference was even greater. Though I'm expensing the cost, I really appreciated the gesture. The typical Hampton breakfast is also included and the breakfast attendants are very friendly and accomodating.

I'll spare you a lot of details on the property; Hilton does a great job with consistency of hotels under the Hampton flag and this was right in the expected range. My room's HVAC was a bit on the noisy side but, aside from that, no big surprises, positive or negative.

The Damon's adjacent to the property offers good casual food without needing to drive anywhere. I found that to be another nice convenience.

I won't hesitate to stay here again when I next return to the area.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Phillygwm
Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 8, 2010

This hotel is a great choice when visiting Penn State. It's a very short trip to campus and downtown. The rooms are clean and comfortable, and the staff is pleasant and efficient. The gym, albeit small, is nicely equipped. The complimentary breakfast included a good array of choices. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
sceclhx, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn State College, responded to this review, September 15, 2010
Thank you very much for staying with us on your recent visit to Happy Valley. On behalf of the entire staff, we appreciate your business and comments! Please let us know if we can be of service in the future.

Best regards,
Steven Morgan
Director of Sales
Folcroft, PA
Reviewed September 5, 2010

The staff was very helpful. The room was comfortable, I had a king size bed with different pillows to pick from, soft or firm. They had complimentary breakfast and it was well stocked. I would definately stay there again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Mount Laurel, NJ
Reviewed August 15, 2010

I only stayed here for one night as I was picking my son up from working at Woodward for a few weeks. I really like this hotel. The staff was VERY helpful, polite, pleasant - it's nice to be treated like you're not a bother. Room was large, didn't use free internet, flat screen TV w/HBO, beds were comfy. The only thing I don't understand in hotels is why no fan in the bathroom? Possibly people will try to smoke? It just made the room a bit humid. LOVED the pool - it was so relaxing to be able to sit and read a book in the sun. When in State College, you HAVE to go to the Creamery for the ice cream - not a far drive at all. We did get kinda lost in the dark, but eventually made it "home." Next year, hopefully will get this hotel on Hotwire again!!

Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 14, 2010

This is my fourth stay at the Hampton Inn State College. The staff has always been very friendly and professional. The hotel is very clean and I am always comfortable to bring my family to this hotel. Although its a college town and I am way past my college days the hotel always has a comfortable environment - and guests always seem very considerate of noise and behavior. The property is just outside of the University so you cant really walk but its a very short drive. There is a restaraunt in the parking lot (Damons) and the stadium and campus are about a mile away.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

Danbury, CT
Reviewed August 5, 2010

The hotel was very clean and nice looking. The continental breakfast had a good variety of choices. The only problem was the size of the rooms. It only had double beds and at times it was a little tight. The bathroom was very nice and the staff was helpful & friendly.