All reviews parking lot room was clean complimentary breakfast outdoor pool oatmeal beaver stadium would stay again in town great place to stay front desk staff close to downtown my son short drive staff was friendly convenient location business trip easy access
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed here for a game weekend. Checkedin on Thursday and Amanda who was there was rude. Also was the one who failed to give us a crucial parking pass that cost me another $190!!!!! We came back from the game Saturday and our car was gone. I guess if you don’t have a special pass they tow you. It would have been nice if there was a sign or ANY communication of this when we checked in or even a slip under your door reminding you. Anything!!!!! There was nothing but a tow contact sign at the front. When we asked Saturday the lady and guy at the desk were like “well that’s our policy.” Ummmm ya that’s fine if you communicate that! They basically refused to help and of course the manager wasn’t there Saturday or Sunday they busiest days of the week in a college football town. So we had to pay for an Uber the pay for our car at the tow place. Our hope is we get reimbursed but that has yet to happen. We were told we could be contacted Monday and nope. The service is terrible and We are aware of 6 other guests that were towed too! So this is a hotel issue of not ensuring their guests are taken care of. I sure hope someone get fired over this as it’s ridiculous and the fact they could care less makes it even worse.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and 2 kids stayed here one night before a college visit and stay at a local vrbo for the game. They said there were dehumidifiers everywhere and things felt “damp”. My son died he threw his waffle out because it was mushy. All in all, it needs an update. They accidentally went to the other Hampton inn and thought it was very nice but the front desk clerk realized that they were at the wrong location. Bummer for them. Would stay here again after they renovate.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We can always count on the Hampton Inn to have a clean, comfortable room and good breakfast. We like this one because of the Sports Bar in the same parking lot that enabled us to get a quick dinner before we ran off to see our Granddaughter in a theater performance.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed September 6, 2019

Great experience.
I was a visiting scholar at Penn State University for one week and brought along my husband and son. The staff was helpful and kind with my family while I was at University. Breakfast was delicious (had fresh fruit) and beds were so comfortable.
Thank you all and keep up the excellent work!

Date of stay: August 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed September 5, 2019

We love staying at Hampton Inn's when we travel and Lara and the rest of the staff made this trip to State College for a family reunion so wonderful!

This is a very family friendly hotel that does get busy and a bit loud at times but the rooms were very comfortable and the mini fridges came in handy!

Room tip: Upper floors away from the elevators
Date of stay: May 2019