Hampton Inn State College
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Days Inn Penn State(State College)
View Hotel
Residence Inn State College(State College)
View Hotel
Super 8 State College(State College)
  • Breakfast included
Autoport(State College)
View Hotel
Courtyard State College(State College)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsparking lotcomplimentary breakfastroom was cleanoutdoor poolbeaver stadiumoatmealwould stay againthe bryce jordan centergreat place to staybreakfast staffin townfront desk staffclose to downtownmy sonstaff was friendlybusiness tripconvenient location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Great staff, polite and accommodating. Clean / spotless room. I was downstairs very early (5am) and the staff was polite and more than happy to offer breakfast although the breakfast did not start until 6am.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 17, 2014

I was surprised when we had a power outage there was no back up generator in the hotel. I was disappointed that there was not a good desk chair to work at the desk. The desk chair sits to low and could not be adjusted to a height I could comfortably work. It was the design of the chair. The chair was not broken. I had a room with a couch and I missed not haveing a table in front of it to put my work on. This was the first Hampton I have stayed in that did not have a coffee table in front of the couch. Also, for this type of room there was no micro wave or refrigerator. I have always had that in this type of room. It was missed. The staff at the hotel were execellant. They were always helpful and courteous. The staff is a big plus at the hotel. There needs to more choices for non carbs at breakfast. I feel this is a weakness at all Hamptons. There are to many high carbs choices in the morning. I alwys end up going out for breakfast to get a healtly meal. It would help if you had some lower carb cerals like Special K. For the age of the hotel it is kept up very well. It just needs some additional upgrades in the rooms.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
RyanHIExp, General Manager at Hampton Inn State College, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and that our team made you feel welcome during your time with us. Thank you as well for the suggestions on how we can work to improve our property by adding a few extra pieces to the guest room and breakfast. We appreciate you feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hampton Inn.

Ryan Saal - General Manager

Reviewed January 15, 2014

I was in State College for the Indiana University v. Penn State basketball game. The hotel was less than a half mile from the Bryce Jordan Center, the room was clean, and the staff was friendly. I would recommend this to anyone who visits State College for the weekend. The only negative is the noise you hear from outside your room. You can definitely hear it every time a door opens in your hallway.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 14, 2014

1st stay here and have to say this is a very nice place. Hotel check in girl was I believe new and unsure how to use the system but was very nice and pleasant. Room is very clean.. Bathroom is spotless.
I am impressed nice room and hotel. I would definitely recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Good hotel close to Bryce Jordan center and Beaver Stadium. Less than 1 mile...could walk if descent weather. Also less than 1 mile from College Street bars. Damon's ribs restaurant in parking lot. Excellent breakfast. Plenty of free parking.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family