“I love this place in Happy Valley !!”

Days Inn Penn State
Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in State College
GreenLeadersSilver level
Washington, Pennsylvania
“I love this place in Happy Valley !!”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

This Days Inn is conveniently located in downtown State College and has a bonus of a Mad mex on the property. THe hotel was remodeled several years ago and is now quite nice. Rooms are large and comfortble. The room is well appointed and clean. The front desk staff are wonderful everytime I am here. They are friendly and accomodating. I want to particularly recognize Amaka at the front desk. I was in the hotel for a conference but the rooms were booked solid. I needed a room and was willing to wait to see if anyone checked out. Amaka found me in a meeting room when an unsuspected room opened up in the early afternoon. She went that extra mile and it was greatly appreciated. I then left my coat there and returned home near Pittsburgh. I had a colleague staying a week later in another hotel in SC. Days Inn housekeeping made arrangements for my coat to be delivered to the other hotel by their driver so that my colleague could bring my coat home. Another extra mile with a smile.!! i will always stay at the Days Inn when I am in SC.

Room Tip: the executive suites are nice and resonably priced
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
statecollegePADips, General Manager at Days Inn Penn State, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you for having taken the time to comment about your recent stay with us at the Days Inn Penn State and for your many wonderful comments. Amaka was thrilled to see your comments and we are very proud of her and the service she provides. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Korean first
Huntington Station
Reviewed November 4, 2013

overall stay very nice, experienced problems with other guests being loud and obnoxious, staff sent people immediatly up to floor to help would stay again without a doubt

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

statecollegePADips, General Manager at Days Inn Penn State, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you for having taken the time to comment about your recent stay with us at the Days Inn Penn State and we are thrilled to hear that you will visit us again in the future. I apologize that some of our other guests disturbed you. After a thrilling overtime victory such as the one against Illinois, some of our guests tend to get a bit over excited. We are glad you contacted our front desk and that we were able to assist with your issue immediately. We look forward to your future visit.
Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

The staff and location of this hotel are a perfect combination. I was there for the PSU vs MICHIGAN GAME. from the moment I stepped on property I felt the victory coming. Smiling faces at the desk, clean rooms, and a win for PSU. Made this a perfect trip.

Stayed October 2013
statecollegePADips, General Manager at Days Inn Penn State, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you for having taken the time to comment about your recent stay with us at the Days Inn Penn State and for your prediction our PSU homecoming victory. I was certainly a game to remember. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our premium location in the "Heart of Downtown" and that you found our staff to be friendly and our hotel to be clean. We look forward to having you around for many more PSU victories.