“Traveler”

Super 8 State College
Ranked #21 of 26 Hotels in State College
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Tolly S, General Manager at Super 8 State College, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Reviewed March 24, 2014

My daughter and I choose to stay here the last 2 days before she had to go back to college. We were very comfortable, nice clean rooms and the breakfasts were great! Definitely will return! Thanks Super 8! And your staff was awesome!
Katie

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Tolly S, General Manager at Super 8 State College, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Katie, Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful comments on your stay. We do pride ourselves on delivering a clean and comfortable guestroom and friendly service. The daily complimentary breakfast is well received by all our guests. I am so happy you enjoyed this as well. Please return soon as we look forward to your next visit. Thank you.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

The room that the hotel staff prepared for us was disgusting. The room spelled as if something died in it days before. A horrid smell filled the room, in addition to a dirty carpet and furniture and linen that appeared as though it came from the 1950s. I felt concerned for my 1-year-old son's health as a result of the room's poor quality. Fortunately, the receptionist was very responsive regarding the issue by providing us a room across the hall, which was in much better condition. Sadly, this will be the last time my family and I stay at a Super8.

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

I am so sorry to hear your experience when staying at our hotel. I met with the housekeeping supervisor regarding the odor in the room as well as the furniture, carpet, and linen. The unpleasant odor was due to wet carpet caused by the a/c unit. The carpet has been properly dried and cleaned and the room now offers a refreshing scent. We are currently in the process of upgrading our entire linen inventory to meet the new Super 8 approved standard including the WynDry and WynRest linen items.

I am pleased to hear that the front desk attendant was attentive to your needs and that you and your family enjoyed the rest of your stay. It is my hope that you will give us another try. Please contact me personally when booking your next trip to State College. Thank you.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

beds were awful! made noises every time I moved! could not sleep all night long!! although they are cheap, do not stay here unless you want an awful stay! staff wasn't the nicest either. seemed annoyed every time we had a question.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Please accept my sincere apology that your stay was anything less than satisfying. I am very embarrassed to hear your comments on our customer service as this is not the typical response heard from our guests. I immediately addressed this concern with my entire team. It is my hope that we can repair our relationship and prove that we can do a better job. Please contact me personally to discuss your stay in more detail. I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

By far this hotel was more than I expected considering some of the negative reviews I have read before checking in. I wondered if it was actually the same hotel. I travel to many different states and plenty of hotels, my field is sales. Here is how I will break it down for anyone interested in staying at this Super 8 in State College, PA First, relax. There is a very reliable staff there who will take care of you and can recommend a number of places to eat, be entertained, and to shop (with directions to every place you need to go). The staff is always happy to help (even if you are having a bad day)
Second, this hotel is extremely clean and everything actually works (heat, AC, shower, toilet, TV), by the way the flat screen TV in my room was fantastic, the remote really worked too. Special request were joyfully taken care of by the staff (this alone is better than anything else)
My room was constantly cleaned as was the lobby and hallway (fabulous)
You have access to fresh cookies (except Sundays), Coffee, Lattes,Hot Chocolate and fresh fruit 24 hrs. a day (FYI this is the only Super 8 I know who does this and I travel a lot)
Computer with printer available 24 hrs. Exercise room available with television (a nice array of equipment)
FREE breakfast!! Orange juice, Apple juice, milk, Coffee (Decaf included), Hot water, oatmeal, waffles, bread, butter, jelly, danish, four types of cereal, etc.
And guess what, if you don't like the breakfast I.H.O.P. (International House Of Pancakes) is right in front of the hotel.
Trails are nearby, golf, stores, etc. This Super 8 is overall one of the best values in what it offers that I would really be surprised that anyone could think otherwise.
ENJOY YOUR STAY.

Room Tip: Want to be first for breakfast? The first floor rooms are the closest to the breakfast room and the...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Tolly S, General Manager at Super 8 State College, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Thanks so very much for your wonderful compliments and comments on your stay. It is always nice to hear a job well done. We do genuinely make every effort to deliver a clean, comfortable and super stay for every guest we meet. We value your loyalty and feedback. Regarding your comment on cookies, they will now be made available every Sunday as well. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make your stay even more enjoyable. Again thank you and continue to enjoy the rest of your stay with us.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Tolly S, General Manager at Super 8 State College, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Reviewed March 8, 2014