“Pleasantly surprised.”

Super 8 State College
Ranked #21 of 26 Hotels in State College
Reviewed November 15, 2013

I read a lot of the reviews on line before booking this hotel but thought we'd take a chance even though the reviews weren't real great. We just stayed at this Super 8 on 11/14/13 and it was clean, the price was right and the staff was very friendly. They had a continental breakfast but we didn't partake but we would ABSOLUTELY stay here again. It could use some updating but who really cares when you're just there to sleep so we have no complaints!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
TSilfies, General Manager at Super 8 State College, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Thank you so much for your positive comments on our hotel and your last stay. We do take great pride to deliver a clean, comfortable and friendly guest experience. Next time you are in State College stay with us and be sure to indulge in our free breakfast as it offers great variety. Again, thank you for your kind words. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

I brought my dog and we were treated like we were unwelcome. We were told he needed to be crated (I didn't have a crate) and could not be left alone in the room. This was a work trip and he needed to be left alone in the room. Then my credit card was over charged $20. When I called to ask why they said "in case I had used the phone" which I had not.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
TSilfies, General Manager at Super 8 State College, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Please accept my sincere apology that you felt unwelcome during your stay. This is definitely not how we intend our guests to feel. I immediately met with my front desk team. Emphasis has been placed on providing the best customer service. It truly is our goal to provide a clean, comfortable and friendly guest experience. We will work harder together to do a better job for our guests. I would also like to apologize that the pet policy was not properly explained. We do require that pets be caged when owners are not present in the guestroom. This provides safety and security for our housekeeping staff as well as other guests in the hotel. We do place an authorization hold on all credit cards during check in. This amount includes room and tax and an incidental fee per day for phone and movie privileges. Again, I am very sorry for your experience. It is my hope that you will give us another chance. Please contact me personally when booking your next reservation. Thank you.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Its so easy to complain, but I was pleasantly surprised with this facility. Was it the best hotel I've stayed in - no, was it the worst - again, no. It was clean, comfortable, and the service was friendly, professional and knowledgeable. The room was older (with an electric stove and a hood above the burners (probably been there since the advent of a microwave) but the bathroom was appropriately updated, and the bed was adequate. This isn't a prime destination facility, but if you need a convenient, cost-effective place to stay in State College, its worth the cost.

Room Tip: Read the reviews with caution - its easier to whine than compliment
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
TSilfies, General Manager at Super 8 State College, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your positive comments on your stay. We do take great pride to deliver a clean, comfortable, and friendly guest experience. It is always good to hear a job well done. Thank you. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed November 6, 2013

I like this hotel but parking seemed to be a problem. If you got in too late, there was no parking. Lot should be numbered to the room number.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Please accept my apology that you had trouble finding a parking spot. This is actually a comment that I have not experienced. In addition to the parking areas located in the front and side of the hotel, we do have an entire back lot for parking. It is my hope that you will visit us again. Please contact me direct when booking your next stay. Thank you.

Reviewed October 26, 2013