“Good value!!”

Super 8 State College
Ranked #22 of 26 Hotels in State College
“Good value!!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

My bf and I were very pleased with this Super 8. The late night clerk was very friendly and had us checked in very quickly. Our room was very clean. The bed was comfortable as was the small couch. Maybe a little out dated but definitely worth the price! I would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013
TSilfies, General Manager at Super 8 State College, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your nice comments on your last stay. We look forward to your next visit to State College.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I stayed here by myself. Just needed a room for the night. Rate was pretty good, so I bit. Location is about 5 min from Penn State campus. Room isn't fancy, but the bed isn't too uncomfortable, bathroom was clean. There is a small workout room with 2 treadmills, and a few pieces of equipment. The continental breakfast had waffles, cereal, coffee, some fruit and yogurt. Just what I like. Parking was free as well. Also free wifi.

All in all, nothing fancy, but had everything I needed.

Room Tip: try to get one farther away from the front entrance.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
TSilfies, General Manager at Super 8 State College, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you for sharing the nice comments on your last stay. It is always a pleasure to hear positive guest feedback on the services provided. The complimentary breakfast, exercise facility, parking and wifi are always a huge hit with our guests. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed these items as well. Looking forward to your next visit.
oxford
Reviewed January 2, 2013

This Super 8 seems renovated and redecorated. We had one queen bed with a sofa in a sitting area. The room was a generous size, pleasantly decorated, and clean. The price was reasonable and included a frugal breakfast in a large, agreeable breakfast room. A cheerful, helpful staff. The heating unit worked quietly and efficiently. The location at Atherton and Branch Road was totally convenient for people with cars. The staff needs to include bananas and wholewheat or oatmeal muffins to improve healthy breakfast choices.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank oxforddoc
TSilfies, General Manager at Super 8 State College, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for sharing the wonderful compliments on your last stay. We do take great pride in providing a nice guest experience. I apologize that bananas were not available on the breakfast bar during your stay. We offer two hand held fruit items daily. We rotate between apples, oranges, and bananas. I will forward your comments on the muffin choices to our corporate office. Guest feedback is always welcome. Again thank you for the nice comments. I look forward to your next visit.
OMAHA
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I came to enjoy my son's graduation but was shocked before I even arrived in State College. During my flight I received a notification from my bank that I had been charged 2 additionak times for the room I had already paid for. When I checked in I asked the front desk attendant about it and was told he could refund one that night but the other would come off when I checked out. When I checked out, I was not credited, I was charged again. Then I was charged yet again on the 26th of December. I had to return to Kansas City to bury my husband who passed away the day our son graduated and have only had more troubles placed on my shoulders thanks to Super 8. Thank you very much.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

TSilfies, General Manager at Super 8 State College, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Please accept my sincere apologies for your trouble during your last stay. Our goal is to provide a clean and comfortable lodging experience. I am very embarrassed to learn that this was not delivered. Please contact me personally regarding the charges placed on your account. I will be happy to correct the duplicate billing error. I am very sorry for your loss. Please contact me at 814.237.8005. Thank you.

Travelers are raving about these State College hotels