“Good food, unusual service”
Review of Clem's Roadside Bar and Grill - CLOSED

Clem's Roadside Bar and Grill
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed February 28, 2014

I think there are still some bugs to be worked out, to put it mildly. For a simple take-out order, for food which by definition is already prepared (they don't smoke while-u-wait), it took a half-hour on a not-yet-busy evening. There was some other weirdness which I won't get into, and which I might have enjoyed more if people weren't waiting for the food.

3  Thank Rich041

Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

I have been to all of Clems locations - the original on us22 , then when they moved to the other side of 22, then state college , then Tyrone, then williamsport and now back to the Former Autoport(State College) location. This one is by far the most interesting location with all of the ambiance and furniture. The bottom line is the food is still outstanding! Not only that - Clem himself always has time to visit with old friends. I had half a rack of ribs and the briscut on a hoagie roll- with multiple sauces to put on. My wife had pulled pork sandwich. Both were great! We also took boneless ribs home for our kids. Great value and portions. Our waiter was very friendly and knowledgable. Glad to see Clems back in the area! We will be back soon!

1  Thank Tom P
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Fall off the bone tenderness with a BBQ sauce that adds to the already fantastic flavor of the ribs.
It is a necessary stop every time we are passing by on I-80 to pick up racks to take with us.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Clem's BBQ catered our wedding and helped to make it a wonderful celebration of love and life. The food was top-notch delicious! We received so many complements from our guests... for both the bbq and the vegetarian option. Well done! The service was fantastic as well... they helped to organize the flow of tables coming to the buffet line and also cleaned up the plates/tables after people were done. Very professional. The portions were generous and everyone was well fed.

Clem's was such a great part of our wedding day, so we were super happy to hear that we could order up some of their divine bbq at Tussey Mtn to celebrate our 1 year anniversary.

Thanks for the wonderful food and memories!

1  Thank myrock
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I've been a fan of Clem's BBQ for a long time. I visited them when they were in the Spring Mills location and now that they're at Tussey Mountain, I'm sure to visit them more!

It's hard to find great BBQ catering that is worthy of 5 stars. Clem's manages to bring that 5 star quality every time I order some of that delicious BBQ. The prices are great and the serving sizes allow me to take home leftovers.

Overall they have fantastic food, fast and friendly service and a much better location now.