“Decent food at reasonable prices”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Rotelli Pizza, Pasta, Perfect - CLOSED

Rotelli Pizza, Pasta, Perfect
Cuisines: Italian, American, Pizza
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Harleysville, Pennsylvania
“Decent food at reasonable prices”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013

We were here for our granddaughters graduation and since there were over 20 of us this place was able to handle us. We were set up downstairs and the service was pretty good considering we were such a large group.

The food was ok. I wouldn't say it was awful or great, but satisfying and decent portions. They were helpful and friendly.

• Visited December 2013

Chelmsford, MA
“Serviceable Italian food in downtown State College”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

We ate here on a non-football weekend, early in the evening, and they were not busy at all. By the time we left, things were picking up a bit.
We had mozzarella sticks for an app as one of our party was a kid. Typical fried cheese but pretty good. Accompanied by a nice marinara sauce. Salads were good, nothing fancy, but the blue cheese dressing was good. I ordered the lobster ravioli and, although it was good, I didn't detect a lot of lobster, either in flavoring or texture. But the sauce was delicious, I thought. The kid at our table ordered penne w chicken and broccoli and seemed to enjoy it. We were too full for dessert. Overall nothing fancy but we like Italian and would probably go again.

• Visited November 2013
Royersford, Pennsylvania
“Pretty awful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

While Rotelli has an "okay" atmosphere, the service is almost guaranteed to suck. I have eaten here on several occasions and ordered delivery. NEVER ORDER DELIVERY. After waiting over an hour and 20 minutes for two pasta dishes and an appetizer and finally calling in to check the status of my order only to be told that "it's still cooking." I called back 10 minutes later and said I would just come pick it up. I obviously wasn't happy and when I arrived at Rotelli, I asked the girl to remove the $3.00 delivery charge since it was never delivered, she said she would get the owner. I asked him to take it off and he said "that's what lion menus charges us for their service. I responded back in the politest way possible given how angry I actually was and explained to him that I have waited over an hour and a half for 2 pasta dishes and an appetizer and began to say "last time I checked it doesn't take over an hour to cook pasta," and mind you the restaurant wasn't even busy. The upstairs had more then half the seats empty. He responded by saying "Oh I guess you must know more about cooking pasta then I do, so what would you like to
do here take the $3.00 delivery charge off and we're even?" Pretty much decided after being spoken to by the owner like that, that I'm not going back. While I've had okay service dining in, it's only decent when there is no one there and your server has only you as a table. To be honest the food is good, but it's a waste of time, save yourself the hassle and go to Mario's on Atherton or even the Olive Garden.

• Visited October 2013
Philadelphia
“Good Food and Large Portions”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

Given that it was a football Saturday night, we expected -- and found -- crowds everywhere and it was the same at Rotelli's yet we were able to be seated within minutes. The hostess initially said we could be seated outside immediately yet given that it was chilly, it was a non-option.

This was our first visit and found the food to be good and the portions large. The only complaint was the music -- far too loud given that there are multiple TV's around the restaurant and most everyone was watching the game yet it was impossible to hear over the sound of the blaring music.

The service was good and attentive. Would return again.

• Visited September 2013
Kansas City, Missouri
“Other Guests Were Great - Service and Food Only So-so”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

I'm in town for the ABA conference and was looking for italian within walking distance of my hotel. I loved the charming locale and the other guests were great. Unfortunately, the rest of my experience was lackluster at best. I ordered the gorgonzola salad, which was pretty good and HUGE. I also ordered manicotti and an advertised seasonal beer. After the first beer I ordered was discovered to be out of stock, I asked the server for a recommendation on a local ESB, and he had no clue about beers. I ordered a local heffeweisen and was delivered an IPA from the same brewery because they were out of the heffe. I declined the IPA (not my thing) and, after the server spent some time getting to know the drink menu, was brought something okay, but not really what I was after. All the while, I tried to eat my manicotti. It was chewy and had way too much basil for my taste.

I did enjoy the outside dinning with a nice view of the avenue below and the wonderful patrons who were clearly regulars. They made me feel quite welcome and tried to help me through the beer fiasco.

• Visited July 2013