“Great Korean Food”

Seoul Garden Korean Restaurant
Ranked #130 of 258 Restaurants in State College
Cuisines: Korean
Reviewed December 11, 2010

With this place it all starts with the food; Authentic korean its fresh, flavorful with hot, spicey, sweet all working in every dish be it beef, pork or chicken....Try the cod fish stew..............Now about the much maligned service, yes it is slow, but the staff goes beyond friendly and I imagine the freshly prepared food takes some time...........The dining area is small so be prepared State College residents are loud and obnoxious.( and I don't mean the students)........The best Korean restaurant in town.

1  Thank Grendel66

Reviewed May 5, 2010

I think the food is absolutely great, but the service is no doubt poor. If you have time and don't mind to wait, you can enjoy authentic Korean food. Don't forget to bring a book to read or some work to do when you are waiting to be served...

Reviewed December 26, 2009

This place pretty much ruined our trip. We went out of our way to stop in State College for a decent Korean meal--and we sat there for half an hour waiting to even get two glasses of water. The waiter didn't seem to see us as he frantically went back and forth dealing with a small number of customers. The soup I ordered (even though I asked for "less spicy" was too spicy for me to eat, and it was supposed to be full of seafood but instead was stocked with tofu and only a few tiny pieces of seafood (a crab with no meat in it, a tiny clam, and one other piece of fish). The place is cozy and seems like it's going to be fine until you wait forever for your food and then it's inedible. AND way overpriced. We will never, never come here again!

2  Thank flyermontana
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed February 12, 2009

looks traditional Korean food. that's just it.
taste is ok. price is too high

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed November 8, 2008

I must admit that this is very good Korean food. I spent to years in Korea and fell in love with the food. The Bulgogi, Yakimondo, Kalbi, and Kimshi are awesome.
Like other folks have mentioned, service is very slow. There was only one waitress helping 4 tables, so do not be in a big hurry.
They also serve no alcohol so don't expect to get soju or OB beer. You can however BYOB (beer or bottle). Just down the alley is the Gingerbread Man bar (also known as G-Man), prices were not bad and they sell 6 packs for carry out.

If you like Kimshi, Bulgogi, Kalbi and mando and your in the area, you must try it.

BTW the Korean store upstairs has a few Korean items you can get no where else. Kimshi and seasoned, dried squid...

1  Thank David W