“Always a delight”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Local quality products made from scratch and worth the waiting time. I have never been disappointed with any food or beverage item that I've purchased. The staff seems friendly and helpful.

There are newer reviews for Irving's

Reviewed February 25, 2014

I love Irving's. It's my favorite place for breakfast, because they honestly have the best bagels in town. I even skipped my free hotel breakfast to eat there on this trip. The lunch is really great, too. I love their vegetarian options (like the hummus sandwich, or the grilled veggie sandwich) because they don't skimp on anything, so even if you're vegetarian, you leave feeling full and happy. The only thing I'm not a huge fan of are their espresso drinks---all of their regular coffees and smoothies are completely amazing---but I think their espresso drinks are a little too weak for my taste. However, I think their amazing regular coffee selection makes up for it.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

It's nothing special, but I do like that they're local, make their food from scratch, and have the best bagels in State College (we don't have too much competition, though.) The bagels are 90 cents a piece and everything else is $1.50 or higher. Some of the sandwiches surpass $7 which (in my opinion) is too much for a grab and go sandwich.

The interior is a dim, a bit dated, and has a rustic look to it. The seating area is typically crowded and kind of stuffy, so (unless you like that atmosphere) I recommend getting your food to go.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

We took a short break from our State College shopping to grab a coffee and something sugary. Irving's is always crowded so it takes a few minutes to be served. They bake their goodies in-house so they're always fresh. The raspberry almond bar was outstanding and too large for one person. The bagels and sandwiches are also good.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

I would support any restaurant that makes everything in house but Irving's earned their terrific review. We went late on a Sunday morning for breakfast sandwiches and were not disappointed. The bagels were great and the huge selection of options was wonderful. The smoothies were great as well. The only thing a bit off was the fruit and vegetables. The fruit cup sold out of the case was just ok and the tomatoes on my sandwich were almost white. So strange that these thing that only required slicing were the least appealing of everything we tried.