“Best smoothies and coffee EVER!”
Review of Irving's

Irving's
Ranked #34 of 258 Restaurants in State College
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

First things first - fantastic beverages, from the coffee to the smoothies. I had the best raspberry bar of my life, but my husband said his scone was dry and overdone. He also ordered a veggie bagel sandwich and reported it average at best. Personally, I say there is no good veggie sandwich! :-/ Now, lots of people go to Irving's to work and I don't recommend joining them. The place is generally packed and loud and the Internet access bites. If you can work offline and among the chaos, then there are ample outlets and that's a big plus. Don't forget that there's extra seating downstairs.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I don't pretend to know what else they make or what is good here or not, but I do know one thing: bagels are great and the spreads are probably even better. This place was recommended by a friend that went to school here and I have been there several times after, with continued admiration for their product. Excellent, excellent place to get a quick breakfast after a night of debauchery in state college.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

No place in town even comes close to having the delicious bagels Irving's makes (every day, fresh, the old-fashioned way), and their other breads and baked goods are also excellent. I actually had a scone there recently that was worth every calorie, and with a scone that's saying something. The raspberry bars and other cookies are also good. My favorite is the pumpernickel bagel, but energy & everything bagels are also outstanding. I don't know how anyone with an ounce of discernment can eat at the nearby, big-name chain place with Irving's just down the hill. Irving's sandwiches (especially the breakfast special) are very popular, but I like to be a purist and stick with a bagel & cream cheese, or -- if I'm in a wild mood -- a bagel and cream cheese and tomato. The hot pepper cream cheese is delicious on an everything bagel.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Very hard bagels, over priced and other offerings bot good at all.

Grew up making and eating New York and New Jersey bagels. Don't waste your time of you want a good bagel/ These are not it.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Don't expect a real New York bagel folks. This is Pennsylvania after all. Expensive. Really expensive coffee. Could have done without the bagel. Wish we had waited in line for The Waffle Shop. Better choices.