“Authentic and flavorful”

Golden Wok
Ranked #149 of 258 Restaurants in State College
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Service was a little off, but food made up for it. I ordered one of the noodle based soups and requested mustard greens in it. Delicious! Too much food to eat at one time, so I had to ditch much of the noodles. Spiced right and include new vegetables.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

As folks should know, the Golden Wok has closed and been replaced by the Sichuan Bistro with a new owner. One reviewer using the old name obviously didn't like the new incarnation, but some web sites praise what some people view as a positive change from the old venue. Since no one should be rating the Golden Wok any more, we feel compelled to give a final applause to Julie and David and their sons for serving the community for several decades with tasty and reasonably priced Chinese foods representing the many food traditions of that area. We wish the family all the best in future, and want to applaud the many times and dishes we have enjoyed in the Golden Wok.

2  Thank Ritzarov
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I sat down and ate here, and for the money I spent, the portion size was not worth it at all. I could have gone to a Chinese take out place and got 3X the portion for the same price. Also the chicken wasn't cooked all the way through, and too much breading was used, not too impressive at all for being downtown. Thumbs down

Reviewed June 1, 2012

We went here with a large group. The waiters were excellent and helpful. The food was good at that moment. We left early and went home. I was sick the rest of the night and I told myself that I wouldn't go back.

Reviewed May 18, 2012

Nice service and the best Chinese in State College.