“Not any better than average”
Review of Hunan Wok

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
State College, Pennsylvania
“Not any better than average”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I ordered from the Hunan Wok because I really really wanted to try some wontons from somewhere other than the Chinese restaurant I work in. The delivery was very quick. The food is good, but not great. The wontons are a bit overcooked and hard to eat. But they are still good. I work in a Chinese restaurant and would not recommend this over my place of work, but would reccomend if you are looking for value

• Visited July 2013

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Food is really good”
Reviewed May 24, 2012

I ordered while staying at a local hotel. The delivery was quick and the food was good.

Visited May 2012
State College, Pennsylvania, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“DO NOT EAT HERE”
Reviewed February 7, 2012

The employees are extremely racist and WILL discriminate against you if you are not of the Asian heritage. I am a white female and I've been here on two occasions, and both times I was charged more for my food than the price listed on the menu, and was even given takeout containers when eating in the dining room, because the kitchen "ran out of plates and utensils". All of the other customers (All Asian), even the ones served after us, were given the proper plates and silverware. I even witnessed an altercation between an African American man and the cashier. He felt discriminated against too. I have never been so disappointed by business practices.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank Ally M
state college
“Don't go”
Reviewed August 21, 2009

I stopped going to this restaurant since fall 2005, when Hunan wok was closed down for 4 days because of some severe health violations, including unsafe food temperatures and unsanitary conditions. It was in the news and it freaked me out.

5 Thank rayvac
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Okinawa II was the first...”
Reviewed May 17, 2008

Okinawa II was the first place I did omikase sushi & was greatly impressed by the quality & inventiveness & how much fun the chef also seemed to be having.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook