Carnegie Inn & Spa
Hilton Garden Inn State College(State College)(Great Value!)
$139
$119
Country Inn
  • Restaurant
Nittany Lion Inn(State College)
$139
Days Inn Penn State(State College)(Great Value!)
$87
$94
Sleep Inn(State College)(Great Value!)
$71
SleepInn
Comfort Suites Penn State(State College)(Great Value!)
$89
ComfortSuites
Toftrees Golf Resort(State College)(Great Value!)
$82
Hotels.com
Best Western Plus University Park Inn & Suites(State College)(Great Value!)
$103
$92
Travelocity
All reviewsmade to order breakfastchef paulchef's tablebeautiful boutique hotelelegant dining roompenn statehuge bathroomsmall hotelbreakfast was includedplace to stayeach morninghappy valleyparents weekendthe staff was friendly and helpfulbusiness tripbed was very comfortablefootball game
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I learned about the Carnegie Inn through the Choice Hotels website, as it is newly affiliated with the "Ascend" brand. The entry area and hallways are reminiscent of an old-fashioned Scottish country inn, but don't be fooled by the old-world charm. The Carnegie Inn is relatively new and has all modern amenities, including free wifi. My king-bed room faced the golf course to the rear of the Inn and was extremely quiet and well-appointed. The representative who checked me in could not have been more attentive and accompanied me to my room to ensure that everything was perfect. He told me that each room is different, some with suites and kitchenettes, which would be a godsend for a family on an extended weekend.

I did not have dinner in the elegant dining room as it was a bit pricey and offered only full course entrees, more food than I wanted that late in the day. Breakfast, which was included with the room, was outstanding and consisted of a full sit-down menu instead of the typical continental buffet. For a peaceful getaway in traditional elegance, It would be hard to do better that the Carnegie Inn.

Room Tip: My second-floor room facing the back of the hotel was quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank MRGalant
Pete W, General Manager at Carnegie Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Greetings and Thank you for kind comments!
We appreciate the comments from all of our guests as we use those comments as a barometer to see how we are doing.
We are delighted to hear that your stay with us was above and beyond your expectations. We strive to have everyone enjoy their stay as you did.
We look forward to having you stay with us again when you are back in the area.
If there is anything we can do, please do let us know.

Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

A real delight in every way. Comfortable quiet rooms. Helpful friendly staff. We look forward to coming to State College so we can stay here. There is no coffee in the morning 'til 7:30 so you will have to drive to get some if you're up before then.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank 227RV
Pete W, General Manager at Carnegie Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment regarding your stay. We greatly appreciate it.
We are now opened for breakfast at 7 AM so the next time you are with us there will be coffee out.
We are looking forward to having you stay with us again and if there is anything we can do to assist with that, please do let us know.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

My son and I stayed here when we toured Penn State and were delighted with the large, charmingly appointed, clean rooms, the beautiful grounds and superb dining facility. Breakfast was included and what a fabulous meal it was! To my pleasant surprise it was NOT continental fare consisting of danishes and bagels, but perfectly prepared coffee, juices, omelets with luscious filling choices, roasted potatoes, french toast and more. The bathroom was spacious and luxuriously appointed with plush towels, robes and fine toiletries befitting the "spa" in the facility's name. We plan to go back and explore the hotel's restaurant further. I suspect that it may be one of the better dining establishments in the area and is a credit to the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Txadmom

Greetings,
We certainly appreciate you taking the time to make comments about your stay and our little inn. Our success is based on our staff really wanting to make everyone's stay legendary.
I have passed your comments to the kitchen staff as they also deserve and "atta boy".
For the past 6 years we have been voted the best fine dining restaurant in the area, much to do with what they and the service staff accomplish.
We sure hope your son decides to attend PSU and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

My husband and I went to State College last weekend for a little getaway. We were interested in staying at a nice hotel or inn. I found the Carnegie Inn on TripAdvisor and made a reservation immediately after reading some of the reviews. I was not dissapointed. The Inn is conveniently located to State College. I expected a decent room and was wonderfully surprised when it turns out I had reserved a suite. I didn't expect it to be a suite as the rate was so very reasonable. The room was beautiful and huge - as big as a one bedroom apartment. Breakfast was included and was wonderful.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank krzw

Hello,
Thank you for the kind words. We try to go out of our way to make sure all of our guests have a legendary stay with us. Of course we could not do it without each of you letting us know how we are doing and where we can improve.
The key is a great staff and we have that here.
I am so delighted your stay was all you were hoping.
If there is ever anything we can do, please do let us know.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

The best. Everything was wonderful. Breakfast was the best ever. The patio sits on the edge of
a golf course. The grounds are beautiful. The room was spotless. We were welcomed by their customer service by a young lady by the name of named Ally. She was very friendly and accommodating. I would recommend this inn to anyone visiting the State College area.

Room Tip: We were on the 2nd floor and had absolutely no problems.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank sab867

Greetings,
Thank you for taking the time to let us and others know how we are doing. We fully appreciate the comments as we know we cannot improve without knowing what you, the guest is experiencing.
We greatly appreciate the kind words about one of our associates, Ally. She is a delight and is a true asset to our team.
We hope you will join us again in the near future and if you would happen to need anything, please do let us know.