Carnegie Inn & Spa
$93
  • Restaurant
Hilton Garden Inn State College(State College)(Great Value!)
$152
$139
$105
Sleep Inn(State College)(Great Value!)
$71
SleepInn
Best Western Plus University Park Inn & Suites(State College)(Great Value!)
$102
$92
Days Inn Penn State(State College)(Great Value!)
$95
$93
Comfort Suites Penn State(State College)(Great Value!)
$89
ComfortSuites
Hampton Inn State College(State College)(Great Value!)
$107
$82
Toftrees Golf Resort(State College)(Great Value!)
$84
$82
All reviewsmade to order breakfastchef paulchef's tablebeautiful boutique hotelelegant dining roompenn statehuge bathroomsmall hotelbreakfast was includedplace to stayeach morninghappy valleyparents weekendthe staff was friendly and helpfulbusiness tripbed was very comfortablefootball game
Reviewed May 27, 2013

This was a stop half way to our destination from Cleveland to New Jersey. Oh my gosh, what a beautiful experience. It is located on a golf course. Our king room was nicely decorated with homemade cookies waiting, very spacious, high ceilings, glamour bath with large soaking tub, separate shower and quality bath soaps and supplies. It overlooked the dining patio and golf course. The bar and parlour area were very spacious and cozy. Wood panels, fireplace. Very romantic. The bartendress was great at making a perfect martini. The complimentary appetizers were lamb and salmon. That alone could have been a meal in itself and 5 star delicious. My husband ordered the sea bass and I ordered their bacon wrapped shrimp appetizer and salad. It was so much food. A full breakfast was included and it was delicious! What a wonderful experience. I only wish I would have planned this overnight stop further out as I would have loved to have enjoyed their spa offerings. The spa was booked. I would recommend this five star to anyone traveling the I-80 area.

Room Tip: We were located on the first floor off a private hallway.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Pat D
Pete W, General Manager at Carnegie Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Greetings!
And Wow! It is an honor to be rated with those two hotels. We certainly enjoy our little inn and helping others enjoy it as well. While we do not have underground bunkers or a casino beneath us, the beauty that surrounds us is unsurpassed. Thanks again for stopping on your way through town and we look forward to having you be our guest once again!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I was excited to get away for a few days, from Lancaster, Pa. I am currently on an 8 week vacation. I decided to see a few friends in State College.

Long Story short, I ended up staying 2 days at the Carnegie Inn & Spa. I had a wonderful suite. While not lavish or dated, it was very comforting. My suite was cleaned, maintenance overall in suite and property excels in all areas.

The King sized bed was comfy, heck I slept in both days. The room attendants were very friendly, always greeted myself with a warm smile and hello, and very professional in their duties. I asked for a few extra items, and they were delivered in less than 5 minutes.

I had dinner both nights, the first night the Sea Bass was cooked perfectly and presentations were top notch. Lamb Lollipops Appetizer was excellent but overcooked. I ordered rare, came out medium. The Blood Orange Vinaigrette was SPOT on. The Stilton (Bleu Cheese) Salad was perfect, perhaps toast the walnuts to create additional flavor Profiles. Dressing was perfectly tossed with just the right amount.

On my Second night I was accompanied by two other guest, Pete, (General Manager) and his lovely wife Jessica.

Our service was good, proper service in serving and clearing of table, great suggestions from Anita, Our server. Dinners were well prepared. It was nice touch at the end of Chocolate Dipped Strawberries was delivered to our table compliments of the Culinary Staff.

A note: while waiting to be picked up on Tuesday morning to go to breakfast, I was waiting outside reading the USA Today, compliments of the Carnegie Inn & Spa. A well dressed gentleman arrived said good morning to myself and proceeded into the lobby area. Moments later he returned with Coffee and accompaniments. I don't recall his name.

In the Hospitality Business in which I am affiliated with, moments like the above go a long and create those specials moments and signature features of employees efforts to enhance our visits, in return results in repeat business.

Kudos to The whole Team of Carnegie Inn & Spa. thank you for making my vacation to State College, a memorable one.

Joseph M. Weems, C.E.C.

Room Tip: Make reservations, worth the extra money. Able to see Tofttrees Golf Course from Suite 17th Hole
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Chefjmw
Pete W, General Manager at Carnegie Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Dear Joe W.,
On behalf of the staff of the Carnegie Inn & Spa, thank you for taking the time to write a review about our little inn. We know everyone's time is precious and the positive comments are greatly appreciated.
Our staff is dedicated to making sure you, our guest, experience legendary service and leave here saying "wow".
We look forward to being your host in the future.
Peter

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Wife and I were looking for a special little weekend getaway to celebrate our 12th wedding anniversary. We happened upon our old stomping grounds of State College Pa. And we decided to rewards our self by living up to an old promise. A little back story… When we were first married we lived in State College, and not too far down the road from the Carnegie Inn and Spa. While on our numerous walks through the winding neighborhoods of Toft Trees we would walk past the very same Inn. Some day we will get to stay there we said! Low and behold 12 years later we made good on that promise.
The Inn was more quant and personalized then we remembered… almost felt like returning to an old friend’s house, rather than a Hotel, or Inn. We were welcomed the minuet we walked in the door. Instructed on how to use the many key features the Inn provided… Again it was as if we were staying at a relative’s house! How to use the lock on the door, how the complementary full breakfast was served and the hours it was available. We were unable to take advantage of the elegant dinner service they provided due to previously made plans to go to a concert that evening at the BJC. But if the breakfast we enjoyed the next morning was a precursor to the talent available for dinner… well let me tell you this, WE WILL BE BACK! Needless to say everything we wanted or needed was taken care of before we even thought that maybe we would need it! All weekend long we were treated to a kind of service that you didn’t know was available in central Pa. Congratulation go to the Carnegie Inn and Spa staff for exceeding our expectations and making a friend for life! See you next year!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Joe W

Greetings!
On behalf of the staff of the Carnegie Inn & Spa, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us.
We are delighted you had a wonderful stay with us and that we were able to meet all of your expectations.
We look forward to having you stay with us in the future.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

My wife & I stayed here recently, & had a wonderfull escape. We purchased the "Carnegie Escape overnight pkg, that included 1 night, w/dinner & Brkfst, & $250 spa Credit.
Re: the Lodging & overall experience of the Inn: it was first rate, from the reception by Peter when we checked in, to the elegance of the King sized room, w/sitting area, & beautifull bathroom. We also made reservations for the ESS Spa, where Natalie and Joseph provided a first rate 60 minute massage for both of us. The dinner was especially wonderfull, where you are welcomed in the library, to enjoy the fireplace while you're offered "on the house" appetizers. The bartender makes her rounds and offers first rate coctails. I had the Caribeean martini which was delicious. You are then seated , & your first course arrives right away. In summary, the subsequent meal was 5 star. We enjoyed all 4 courses and took the desert back to our room.
The Breakfast the next morning was again, 5 star. (also included in the package)
Suffice to say, the package is not inexpensive, but it was all worth it.
If you want a first class experience in a romantic Inn, I highly recommend the Carnegie Inn & Spa.

Jugajim

Room Tip: We had Room #19, it was fine... as it overlooked the rear veranda and the 18th Green of the golf-course. There are no in-room refrigerators, so bring a cooler if you have any drinks to keep cool.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank James M

Greetings!
On behalf of the staff of the Carnegie Inn & Spa, thank you for taking the time to write a note about your stay.
We are delighted that you enjoyed the spa retreat. It certainly is a great way to relax and forget about life for awhile.
I would also agree that the breakfast is a great treat as it is a great way to start the day. The French toast loaded with whipped cream and fresh strawberries is my favorite!
We look forward to having you join us again soon! Remember Arts Fest in July!

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Since I am local to the Inn, I checked in for 1 night and spa treatments. I would highly recommend the Inn. I found the rooms cozy and the bedding especially comfortable. I can't say enough about my dinner (I ordered the filet mignon - I think most expensive item on the menu). It was much more than I would normally spend on dinner but it was quite amazing. Maybe the best filet mignon have ever had. The complimentary breakfast was also very tasty. With 2 fire places in the common areas, there were a lot of places to snuggle in with a good book. The spa services were lovely with a relaxing room to wait in before my treatment. I originally did not get treatments on the day that I wanted so booking in advance is a must.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Russell-UP

Greetings!
I would like to thank you for "escaping the city" and visiting our quaint inn. I am delighted that you enjoyed the filet as it too is my favorite dinner item. I can never make up my mind and tell myself I will try a new item but how can one turn down Certified Angus Beef...we use the best quality in the area...
We hope you will join us again on your next "out of town" experience.