“LOVE Green Bowl!!! Fresh, your way!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Green Bowl

Green Bowl
Ranked #58 of 240 Restaurants in State College
Cuisines: Asian, Mongolian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Seating, Waitstaff
Ambler, Pennsylvania, United States
“LOVE Green Bowl!!! Fresh, your way!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stumbled upon Green Bowl on one of my visits to see my son! I love it!!! Everything from the price for all you care to eat, to the selections, and the fresh, delicious taste of the food! The staff is awesome and they explain exactly what to do. If you need help, you can check out the board for some flavor combinations (sauces) and faves of the staff. So here's how it goes: you get a green bowl, fill it with fresh veggies, noodles, rice, etc. and then your choice of sauces, minced garlic, etc. then you select your protein (if desired) and take it to the griddle master where they whip up your selections and send a steaming bowl of fresh, delicious food. Then you can go back for more! Great value...always fresh and hot...perfect for everyone in your party and a great way to get your veggies in! I wish we had one here in the suburbs of Philadelphia!!! You won't be disappointed!

• Visited August 2012

Oneonta, NY
“A great change of pace”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

We had been on the road for a week and were really tired of the kind of restaurant food you get when you're away from home and don't know what's good. I found Green Bowl on Trip Advisor and we gave it a shot. My teen-aged son and I both loved it! What a refreshing change to get limitless fresh vegetables prepared just the way you like them. If we had a Green Bowl near home we'd be regulars.

• Visited March 2013
State College, Pennsylvania
“Don't fill up on the first round!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

I love going to Green Bowl. The selection is always good and the staff is always friendly. Sometimes the veggies aren't as fresh as I would like them to be, but this goes along with having fresh foods. I don't mind, as long as they're not wilted or totally going bad.
Since you can take multiple trips to the buffet, do not fill up your bowl on the first run. Just get a little bit and try something new the next time. Follow the recommendations they have posted, too.

• Visited December 2012
Central PA
“disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

We have visited the Green Bowl many, many times. The last 2 times it has been less than we expected. Previously our service was lacking, not having drinks refilled etc and the buffet seemed sparce at time but we enjoyed the food so we returned. Tonight we visited again and we will not return. We went in 2 hours prior to closing time and the place was half full. Our waitress was friendly and got our drinks promptly. We went up to the buffet and found that there was over half of the options empty. We stood there assuming they would be refilled soon. Finally a woman who we assumed was the manager for the evening, as she was wearing slacks and a blazer while the other staff were casually dressed, came out of the back. I inquired about a few things to which she replied "we are out" the sauces were almost all empty and the descriptions were rubbed off so we werent able to tell what was what and as my husband noted there was a thick layer of dust on the underside of the sneeze guard. We decided to leave as there wasnt enough food/sauce on the buffet to complete a meal. The couple after us did the same. I have heard from others about disappointing experiences there but we did like it. We will not return.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank beachluvin
Erie, Pennsylvania
“Nice spot for a veggie meal!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

This is a mongolian grill type of place. Select your meat and veggies, pile up your plate and they cook it up for you on a big visible hot plate. Selection is good, price reasonable, and staff helpful.

Visited December 2012