“Excellent - a must in State College”

Otto's Pub and Brewery
Ranked #5 of 255 Restaurants in State College
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Description: We're nuts about fine beer and fresh, local food. Otto's is fiercely committed to quality. Our beer is handcrafted with the finest ingredients available. Our American bistro cuisine is made with fresh ingredients from local farms, wineries, and bakeries. Our brewery and restaurant are co-located and feature a family-friendly and casual atmosphere. We're located in State College, PA, minutes from Penn State.
Reviewed December 30, 2013

In-house crafted brews, delicious organic and local foods in the menu, and beautiful new location on Atherton - it's a must when visiting State College! The specials are pretty spectacular, too!

Reviewed December 29, 2013

My husband and I frequent this place often. It is our favorite place in town to eat. The beer is good (the apricot wheat is my favorite), and the food is good. Never have a problem with the service and never leave hungry. As a local its a great place to hang out and get away from the college crow that takes over downtown when school is in session.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

My husband and I wanted to get dinner before heading to a movie. We'd never been to Otto's so we wanted to give it a shot having always heard good things. Their salads sounded so good and when I saw one served on the way in, it looked really delicious. The presentation is great, but the texture and flavor is just off--and we tried two different of the dinner salads. The service was also pretty good but once we got our food the waitress was nowhere to be found and we really wanted to move on to our movie. I know beer is their thing and maybe that's a lot better, perhaps they should play that up more and the food less.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

We visited this restaurant last Saturday. The food was excellent. We had nine people in our group (five adults and four children). We ordered several appetizers and the runner brought the appetizers to the kids table. We never received the one appetizer until after food arrived. My friend never received her salad and the waitress did not return enough to refill drinks. Overall a great experience but the servers and runners need better communication so that they know who is doing what.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

Otto's has a solid beer selection. I would easily return for just the beer, but the food is quite good as well. It's also a great spot for shooting the breeze and just hanging out with the locals. Good service, clean, and good eats and drinks.