“Always excellent”

Ranked #4 of 248 Restaurants in State College
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Description: We're nuts about fine beer and fresh, local food. Otto's is fiercely committed to quality. Our beer is handcrafted with the finest ingredients available. Our American bistro cuisine is made with fresh ingredients from local farms, wineries, and bakeries. Our brewery and restaurant are co-located and feature a family-friendly and casual atmosphere. We're located in State College, PA, minutes from Penn State.
Reviewed October 26, 2012

If you are looking for a delicious dinner paired with a great local brew, then this is the place to go. I come from an area up north that appreciates the pairing of food with beer and whenever I visit State College, this place is the first place I stop. The bartenders are excellent, always cheery and eager to offer suggestions.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Beer and bartender great. Food sucked! Ordered three food items, 1 was great, 2 are not worthy of any dining experience. The Cobb salad that was served was of modest size with some tastlees avocado puree(absolutely gross) instead of avocado slices and the bacon was raw. When you charge $11 in central PA for a Cobb salad, you need to get it right. This was the worst Cobb Salad I ever had. Finally, can you at least serve fresh bread with the fondue. Our bread was stale and the fondue watery. Otto's is not a good value proposition unless you just want to drink decent beer.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

This was a perfect meal start to finish. The beer is top notch and can keep up with many of the brew pubs I visit across the country. The soup of the day was on spot, the blackened shrimp and pumpkin pasta was a delight to eat, and the cheesecake was a perfect ending to an inexpensive and perfectly made and served meal. This is a spot I will place in my book and visit each time I happen to spend a night in State College. P.S. My server was very attentive and knew the on tap beers, being able to answer the questions I posed to her.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

We ordered a $22 steak and only got about 5 bites of meat out of it, the rest was fat. The waitress took forever to get back to us about fixing it and she said 'the manager won't do anything about it' WHAT? We didn't want it free but management should have done it's job. A hostess all but knocked over me and my 10 month old daughter trying to walk between tables and it didn't even phase her. Staff needs fired! Don't waste your money on this place.

1  Thank S F
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I used to love Otto's. The beer is and still is pretty fantastic, but ever since they moved to the other location everything else went downhill. The menu is now smaller, and more expensive. The ambiance hasn't chanced since this was a Quaker Steak and Lube , so very cold. The other place was small with no parking, but now there is a 2 hour wait on a Friday night and the food is just okay.