“Already Excellent, with Recent Improvements” 5 of 5 bubbles

Mario & Luigi's
Ranked #128 of 240 Restaurants in State College
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
State College, Pennsylvania
“Already Excellent, with Recent Improvements”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

This is where you must go for great genuine Italian in State College. Spendy, especially with drinks, but totally worth it! Don't miss their Aperitifs or Seasonal dishes/appetizers. Bread is fantastic with unique dips (complimentary with dinner). Great wine selection too, and they hold regular tasting and pairing class/info sessions!! Tortellini is great as well as all their meat dishes.
Never tried the roast chicken but I've heard it is to die for - getting that next time!

Visited June 2012

Philadelphia
“Great Italian Restaurant in SC”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

This was a very nice Italian restaurant. I thoroughly enjoyed the food and the price was right for the quality, atmosphere, and service.

My favorite time to eat here was in the fall during their Mushroom Festival. So many special dishes, and the flavors were great!

Homemade pasta, and good desserts as well.

I ate here many times, and I have never been disappointed with any service or dish served.

Family atmosphere. Takes reservations. Good for parties or special occassions, however, you can wear jeans here too.

• Visited August 2011
State College, Pennsylvania
“Great food, relaxing ambience.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

Great Pasta selections, seafood, and meat choices.

Visited June 2012
Peaks Island, ME
“That's Italian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2012

The fine dining experience with quality food, prepared well and served by one of the better staffs. Half priced appetizers are sweet deals along with some excellent wines at the long bar.

Visited February 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not worth the price you pay”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2012

We love Italian food! We decided to try Mario and Luigi's. It smelled so good when we arrived. We waited for 20 minutes before anyone said hello to us and got our information to be seated. We wanted to leave but we saw some really appetizing dishes during our wait, and decided to stay. The food was pricey, so we decided to share. We ordered the stuffed raviolis. The price was $17. When it came out there were 5 medium size raviolis. My husband has a healthy appetite looked at me and said "I guess I am eating when we get home." He could have ate that dish by himself and still would have been hungry. The raviolis were okay.
I don't think we will ever go back. I think we could go somewhere else and get a better dish for the same price.

1 Thank Shandee B