“Excellent Choice”

Fairfield Inn & Suites State College
Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in State College
Reviewed June 29, 2009

Fairfield Inn is a great choice when staying in State College! The rooms are very comfortable and clean, with very nice beddding and spacious baths. The pool was in very nice shape and the whirlpool was a great option at the end of a long day. The free breakfast was a wonderful treat with plenty of choices and fresh fruit. My favorite aspect of the hotel has to be the front desk staff, (especially Mike) They all were very friendly,helpful and professional. I could not have been more pleased with my recent stay and will certainly be back on my next visit to State College

Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank liltraveler46

Reviewed June 28, 2009

hotel was conveniently located to restaurants and campus.rooms were very clean.beds comfortable.bathroom spacious.pool/wp nice added feature along w/ 2 computers in the lobby and free breakfast/newspaper.nice lounge feel to lobby.i would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank ofdevils
Reviewed June 11, 2009

I stayed with my husband and three year old son for two nights. My sister was having her baby shower and her house was overfilled. This was such a nice hotel. We stayed the weekend for only $79 a night. The whole hotel smells very clean and looks very polished when you walk into the lobby. The rooms were a nice size and also very clean. The free breakfest was a great way to start the day. My son really enjoyed the pool also. It was very clean and did not smell like a bucket of bleach. We used the pool as a family for about an hour without anyone coming in. My son could scream and jump all he wanted. My husband also liked the highspeed free internet. I do have to comment on the front desk staff...they were the nicest staff we have had at a hotel in years! They were very pleasent and always had a smile on their face....even the night staff. I think Marriotts should reward this staff with some type of customer service award. Great Staff...Great Breakfest...Great Pool...Great Price....What more could you ask for?

Family of Three,
Easton, PA

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank Easton_PAFamilyof4
aclarkinusa, Front Office Supervisor at Fairfield Inn & Suites State College, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2009

Dear Family of Three!
We the staff here at the Fairfield Inn & Suites would like to THANK YOU for your positive review! We always strive to provide the service guest except when they stay at our hotel. We are very happy yo hear that you enjoyed you stay and hope that you will stay with us again.

Again THANK YOU from the Fairfield Staff for your positive review!!

Reviewed May 27, 2009

I stayed at this hotel with 8 others for a bachelorette party over Memorial Day weekend. The town was busy due to a volleyball tournament, and this hotel was the only one with any availability - 6 months in advance! However, I was very glad we stayed here. The Fairfield Inn is new and clean, with spacious rooms and bathrooms - a plus when four women are trying to get ready! The hotel staff was very accommodating, making sure our three rooms were close to one another, offering taxi recommendations, and even providing a complimentary sewing kit when requested. It's a great value to boot ($100 + tax with AAA discount). The Fairfield Inn is near Wegman's (world's best grocery store), Target, Michael's, etc., and only a short car trip (10-15 minutes; $10 for a taxi) to downtown State College.

My only minor complaint would be the breakfast. It was pretty standard fare for complimentary breakfast, and most of the items were prepackaged. I would love to see more fresh fruit or bakery items. We skipped breakfast the second day and went to Waffle Shop, only a mile or so down the road.

Overall, this is a great hotel for the price tag. Definitely recommend!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
3  Thank mecekitten

Dea Valued guest,
THANK YOU for kind review about your stay here at the Fairfield Inn & Suites! We value all guest's reviews good or bad! It is these reviews that help us to strive to give the service that guest except when staying at our hotel! We hope that you will stay with us again! Again Thank you for your review!

Reviewed February 26, 2009

My room was very large and exceptionally clean. Upon check-in, I was welcomed by a very young and pleasant. My guess is that the front desk attendants are college students earning some extra money. I am a seasoned traveler and very much enjoy being welcomed as if I am returning to my home. I was impressed by their polite and friendly manner. I intend to stay at this location again while traveling on business or pleasure.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank Vinman999
aclarkinusa, Front Office Supervisor at Fairfield Inn & Suites State College, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2009

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your positive review about your stay here at the Fairfield Inn & Suites. We try to strive to make all our guests stay a memorable and enjoyable stay. We are glad to see that you plan on returning to our hotel for your next stay and look forward to having you with us again. Again THANK YOU from all the staff for your positive review!

Reviewed August 31, 2008

On a college road trip, my son and I chose the Fairfield as we wanted to continue points accumulation from our previous stay at FF Midway Chicago. Originally, we wanted to stay at the Penn Stater, but they were full. In hindsight we were very pleased with our choice in the Fairfield and would definitely recommend it.

The FF is a fairly new building. It was smart to position the building perpendicular to the main road as room windows do not face traffic from the road. The rooms were very clean and spacious. Great amount of cable stations. Excellent continental (extended) breakfast with freshly made waffles and all the standard fanfare. A few complimentary PC’s with Internet and a printer was available to guests. Easy check-in/out. Quaker Lube Restaurant (heard great wings!) shares the same parking lot. Laundromat (Dolly’s Wash House) is across the street. Wegmen’s grocery (5 minute drive) has great selection of supplies (including health food/products) and prices.

The FF is located on the opposite end of Penn State University and is about a 10-15 minute drive toward downtown (older part) State College. Most restaurants are located in the downtown area, but there are a few near the hotel.

We enjoyed our stay at the Fairfield State College and would definitely return!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank TRAVELERSFROMSEATTLE
aclarkinusa, Front Office Supervisor at Fairfield Inn & Suites State College, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2008

Dear Travelersfromseattle!
THANK YOU for postive review about your visit to the Fairfield Inn & Suites in State College Pa! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. At the Fairfield Inn & Suites we strive to always keep our promises. We look forward to your next visit!
Again Thank you for your review and nice pictures of the rooms.

Reviewed August 23, 2008

I stayed here for 4 nights for business at the beginning of August 2008.

The hotel is brand new - only a year old. The room we were given was big (it was a disabled room). The bed really comfortable. Wireless worked well. Bathroom spacious and nice. Pool nice.
Staff friendly.

Free breakfast sufficient, although I didn't really use it much.

Next door is Quaker Steak and Lube - we made use of the wing night on Tuesday! Fun.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank benja1010
aclarkinusa, Front Desk Supervisor at Fairfield Inn & Suites State College, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2008

Thank you for your postive review! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay! We are always striving to give our guests the service that will make them want to return to the Fairfield Inn & Suites!
Again Thank you!