“nice clean place.”

Fairfield Inn & Suites State College
Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in State College
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Needed a place late on a Sat night and booked this thru TripAdvisor. Pretty new and very clean and quiet. Just what we were looking for. Clerk at front desk was kind of clueless in helping us find a pizza joint late but we managed since we were right near campus. Hot tub and pool were excellent. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank lrich255
DanielleDaSilva, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites State College, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Hello Irich255,

Thanks for the kind review! We are glad to hear that we were just what you were looking for. We are also happy that you enjoyed our indoor pool and hot tub.

Please be sure to stay with us during your next trip to State College!

Happy travels!

Reviewed July 25, 2013

This is the third time we've stayed at this hotel while visiting our daughter. Never fails to satisfy. Rooms are always clean, breakfast is fresh and plentiful, and location is excellent. The staff at this, and any Marriott as far as I'm concerned, is always attentive, helpful and very professional. Check in is always quick and easy as is check out. Beds are quite comfortable and always hot water available for showers. If you stay it this location, a must try is Otto's right next door!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BadBud6

Hello Badbud6,

Thank you for the great review! We are happy to hear that you continue to return to our hotel, and have found the hotel clean each time you visit. Our staff works very hard to keep the hotel running smoothly. We are big fans of Otto's and are glad you enjoy the restaurant as much as we do.

We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed here on our way to Atlantic City. We arrived late at night and headed out fairly early. However, while there, we enjoyed out stay. The front desk staff was very good and the room was nice. Nothing too extravagant but a perfect place to get some rest before continuing out trip. We got a great rate though Priceline so we couldl't complain one bit! We were very pleased!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rentfan626
Adam J, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites State College, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Hello Rentfan626,
Thank you for the wonderful review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your short stay with us. If you do return to State College, please be sure to stay with us again so that you may take full advantage of our property.
Happy travels!

Reviewed July 4, 2013

I have stayed at this Fairfield Inn in the winter for a swim meet. Had a king suite with a pull out sofa which I thought was nice, BUT, when it was time to sleep, I was surprised! Pull out sofa blanket was full of hair! (and not just head hair either) yuck! Called down to the front desk and right away, I got a replacement blanket, but needless to say, when I showed the girl, her exact word was "wow!". I let this go as the rest of the stay was nice and the breakfast was great.

My recent stay however, was a different story. Besides the good breakfast, everything else just went downhill. We were there for a swim meet and the hotel was fully booked. We arrived early but couldn't check in at that time. The supervisor gave us a key to use the pool area and we were able to have breakfast. That was very nice, and that kind of hospitality is what brought us back.

We left for the meet, and came back later in the day to check in, no problem. Went up to the room and found no fridge. I called down to ask for one, but they were out of them. OK, I brought down the food I had to be put in the kitchen fridge. We left again, and came back later that night. I wanted something hot to drink after a long day, so I made a cup of coffee just to find out that they had cold coffee out. Oh well, we went up to the room to sleep. As I was fixing the bed covers for my children, I found a blood stain on one of the covers. Are you kidding me?! I called down to the front desk and said "I think there is a blood stain on the cover", and the woman replied "okaaay", (I felt as if she was saying, 'and what do you want me to do about it?'). I repeated, "there is blood on the cover!". So she replied, we have a full house and blankets have not been washed. I told here, "so what should I do?", she replied, "you can take it off if you want" "I will try to find another one for you". Of course nothing came, and we had to sleep with a dirty and disgusting cover. I also am a silver elite member and I practically had to beg the next morning for a late checkout. Next time I will probably look elsewhere to stay and not waste $112 at this hotel. I also advise that if this hotel can not manage to accommodate a full house where every guest is equally comfortable, then they should not do it.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Fleura99

Hello Fleura99,
I would first like to apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay.
Please be assured that cleanliness issues are few and far between here at the Fairfield. We strive to provide each guest with a clean room, and we are sorry that we did not live up to this standard.
We often sell out during event weekends, and there are certain amenities that are only available in limited quantities. We do have extra blankets and refrigerators available upon request. They are available on a first come first serve basis. Our sister property, The Springhill Suites does have refrigerators in each of their rooms. If you require a refrigerator during your travels they are a hotel I highly recommend.
As always, thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to provide us with this valued feedback.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Never a suprise, always what I expect from a Marriott hotel, breakfest out early and available for the early risers like me, room was in excellent condition, the bed was big and comfortable, large bathroom, good location, would recommend to anyone staying in the area.

Room Tip: All the rooms are in a good location, never had a problem with any room I have stayed in.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Reggie962

Hello Reggie962,
Thank you for your review! We are so happy that you continue to return to our property. We are glad that you find it clean each time you visit!
We are looking forward to your next visit!

Reviewed June 28, 2013

I've started staying here about one month ago. His is my third stay and I will continue to make it the hotel I use throughout the summer and into the fall. Clean, friendly and helpful staff. Location was exactly where I needed to be, close to shopping and a great choice of dining

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Joe A
DanielleDaSilva, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites State College, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Hello Joe A,

Thank you for the wonderful review. We always love it when guests continue to return to our property, it means we're doing something right! We are happy to hear that you've found the hotel clean, and staff friendly. We are also glad that you are able to take advantage of our convenient location.

We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed June 28, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. I expected, with the high traffic at PSU, that it would look a little rundown. This hotel was very clean. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. I arrived early, 10:45 am, and stopped just to see if I could possibly check in. The girl at the desk apologized profusely because she had just let someone check into the last prepared room. That was okay and I simply came back later, after orientation at PSU. I rated the restaurant and room service as average only because I didn't use those services. The proximity to PSU is awesome - one straight drive to campus - maybe 7 minutes.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Janice C

Hello Janice C,

Thank you for the fantastic review! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We are happy that you found the hotel clean, and our staff helpful!

Please be sure to stay with us during your next trip to State College!