“Cute atmosphere, decent food”

Baby's Burgers and Shakes
Ranked #55 of 250 Restaurants in State College
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We needed a quick bite to eat while passing through State College, and my husband had fond memories of eating at Baby's when he was a student at Penn State. The restaurant was inexpensive and very clean, and the service was friendly and quick. My husband was very happy with his fries and sliders. Because of diet restrictions I had to order a chef salad -- which was clearly not their specialty -- but that's what you get for ordering a salad at a burger joint. Wish I'd been able to have a root beer float because they looked great!

Reviewed December 23, 2011

Been a year or so since last visited. Great selection and very mindfull of what I would have ordered as a teen way back when. Cheerful staff and reasonable prices

Reviewed December 18, 2011

Great food (chili is awesome), great shakes and great burgers! Authentic 50's atmosphere with friendly waitstaff and excellent prices.

Reviewed December 4, 2011

This restaurant should have a much higher ranking on Trip Advisor. Great little burger shop with old school themes and great malts, milkshakes, and other goodies from a simpler time. I highly recommend anything served with ice cream. My friends rave about their coffee. Baby's is known for ice cream treats and hamburgers, so make sure you have 1 of each. If you're worried about having a meal that's too big, order a Whimpie. It's a mini-burger that's just as tasty as its full-size friends on the menu. Baby's serves a lot of combinations served in baskets. My recommendation: milkshake, float or malt and a Whimpie basket. YUM!

1  Thank mcr195
Reviewed November 11, 2011

My family and were looking for someplace to grab a quick bite after attending a Penn State Football game. After some hearing some recommendations, we decided to give Baby's a try.

Baby's looks like it was pulled straight out of the 1950s complete with small jukeboxes at each table and uniforms modeled from the era. The restaurant is long and somewhat narrow. If you have a large party I would recommend calling ahead as they only have one or two table that can fit larger groups.

We were seated right away even without reservations and it being a football weekend. Our drink order was taken quickly and our food arrived in less than 10 minutes.

The menu was somewhat limited and consisted mostly of salad, soup, burgers and sandwiches. We all chose the Cheeseburger Basket. It came with two mini cheeseburgers and some fries. The burgers were good but were not very filling. We all also wished there were more fries.

I would try this place again and maybe go for one of the sandwiches. Baby's is a good place for a quick bite.

1  Thank Trackrunner1010