“Nostalgic”

Baby's Burgers and Shakes
Ranked #42 of 255 Restaurants in State College
Reviewed December 23, 2011

Been a year or so since last visited. Great selection and very mindfull of what I would have ordered as a teen way back when. Cheerful staff and reasonable prices

Reviewed December 18, 2011

Great food (chili is awesome), great shakes and great burgers! Authentic 50's atmosphere with friendly waitstaff and excellent prices.

Reviewed December 4, 2011

This restaurant should have a much higher ranking on Trip Advisor. Great little burger shop with old school themes and great malts, milkshakes, and other goodies from a simpler time. I highly recommend anything served with ice cream. My friends rave about their coffee. Baby's is known for ice cream treats and hamburgers, so make sure you have 1 of each. If you're worried about having a meal that's too big, order a Whimpie. It's a mini-burger that's just as tasty as its full-size friends on the menu. Baby's serves a lot of combinations served in baskets. My recommendation: milkshake, float or malt and a Whimpie basket. YUM!

1  Thank mcr195
Reviewed November 11, 2011

My family and were looking for someplace to grab a quick bite after attending a Penn State Football game. After some hearing some recommendations, we decided to give Baby's a try.

Baby's looks like it was pulled straight out of the 1950s complete with small jukeboxes at each table and uniforms modeled from the era. The restaurant is long and somewhat narrow. If you have a large party I would recommend calling ahead as they only have one or two table that can fit larger groups.

We were seated right away even without reservations and it being a football weekend. Our drink order was taken quickly and our food arrived in less than 10 minutes.

The menu was somewhat limited and consisted mostly of salad, soup, burgers and sandwiches. We all chose the Cheeseburger Basket. It came with two mini cheeseburgers and some fries. The burgers were good but were not very filling. We all also wished there were more fries.

I would try this place again and maybe go for one of the sandwiches. Baby's is a good place for a quick bite.

1  Thank Trackrunner1010
Reviewed August 23, 2011

When I went in I knew it was gonna be good just by the smell of the place. Awesome food was all I smelled. I'm a kind of person that likes to see what the restroom is like so I went there. Alright. :-/ not the best restroom in the world but it worked. Onto the fun part: we got seated and we ordered. Not long later our drinks came and not long after that out food came. I ordered a grilled cheese and fries. That was great. I also ordered a shake. I hadn't had that much shake in all of my life. :-) it was delicious. The price and service was great too. 5 stars are deserved for this place because it was clean budget friendly staff nice good food atmosphere sweet and appealing. I'll remember this next time I come to town.