“Second try”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Columbia
“Second try”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I had been to this place once before and enjoyed the food. The staff was friendly and attentive. I visited for a second time since I have been consulting for a company in the area and usually stay in town for the week. This time I decided to sit at the bar since it's easier when dining alone. The bartender, Henry, was great. He let me sample the red wines before I chose one to have with dinner. There were a couple of waiters/waitresses that were in training and the place was very busy since there was outside seating under canopies. Henry was on top of everything. Any issue or problem that came up, he handled with efficiency and was very professional. I could not have been more happy with the service. When I received my meal, it was better than expected. The strip steak was done perfectly as well as the sides. I had my doubts since the place was so busy, but the chef obviously knows what he is doing. I will definitely be back on my next trip to State College.

• Visited May 2013

Altoona, Pennsylvania
“Great food, slow service”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I've been here a few times and every time I have had good food but it has taken a very long time to get served. Leave extra time to dine!

Visited April 2013
Naples, Florida
“Great Food”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Service and food was great. They were crowded, but the service was prompt. The food was fresh and tasty. Would go there again

Visited May 2013
State College, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

The food is often more upscale that the place seems. The smoked chicken in several dishes is done there and very good. The name is stupid and it looks crappy with the motel on site, but the food is good and prices are reasonable.

Visited April 2013
State College, Pennsylvania
“Favorite State College Hangout”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

The 1/2 price appetizers and draft beers from 5-7 are just a great deal. Appetizers are generally excellent. Sweet Thai chili wings are awesome. Cobb salad and burgers are quite good as well. Staff always friendly and atmosphere great. Food very underrated.

• Visited February 2013