“What happened?”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Belleville, Pennsylvania
“What happened?”
Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

I used to live in State College and often visited Highway Pizza because the food was great and the prices affordable. Sorry to say I was greatly disappointed by my visit today. The place just wasn't the way I remembered it. The parking lot, sidewalk, and entrance area were dirty and littered with a strange assortment of items, someone's broken leather belt, a lost glove, trash... It appeared that no one cared enough to clean it up. Inside, the staff was welcoming but once again the place looked tired. Our visit was mid afternoon and there were few people In the restaurant but there were several tables full of dirty dishes that stayed that way the entire time we were there. I found the music playing in the restaurant to be too loud and extremely annoying, it was some sort of classic rock. Our waitress seemed distracted, got part of the order wrong and didn't notice that we didn't have any silverware until we pointed it out when the food came. It appeared to me that the menu was much smaller than it used to be and the food was just ok. I ordered the pasta with vodka sauce which used to be fantastic but today was over cooked and tasted off. The salad that came with was not fresh, the greens were wilted and some were dark and the tomatoes were awful. It seemed like it had been in the frig for quite a while. Overall, very disappointed and probably won't go back.

Altoona, Pennsylvania
“Best durn pizza around!”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

The North Atherton Hi Way Pizza is my choice. Not only is the Sicilian pizza outstanding, there is a nice variety of other Italian dishes. A good selection of beers--both on draught and in bottles is available; the servers arefriendly and helpful; the decor is certainly better than the average pizza parlor. We always try to arrange a visit when we're in the area.

Visited October 2012
Clearfield, Pennsylvania
“Always good food”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Always order pizza to take home for later. No matter the entree it has been good. Can be noisy, but that is part of the fun. No too handicap friendly, but they will accommodate.

Visited October 2012
Dayton, Ohio
“Used to be good but not so much this time.”
Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

They used to have excellent pizza The pizza this time was simply not good with a particularly poor sauce. Plus my wife's Greek salad was mediocre at best and not a good value.

Kimberton, Pennsylvania
“Best pizza in State College!”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I originally have ordered delivery from them, but I took my parents here one day to dine-in, and it was actually tastefully decorated. The pizza was awesome too and we were all happy with our meals and the service was very friendly. This is the main place i get my pizza from for now on. Don't be turned off by the $20 for a large pizza pie price, it's well worth it! Thumbs up!

Visited April 2012