“The food is very authentic. Not your average Italian Restaurant.”

Faccia Luna Pizzeria
Ranked #9 of 240 Restaurants in State College
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bellefonte, PA
“The food is very authentic. Not your average Italian Restaurant.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

I love the Pizza, the pasta dishes are great too. Not cheap but worth what you pay. They opened a second location close to the mall, so their formula is working.

Visited March 2013

Rutherford, New Jersey
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

The staff was fabulous. We had a relatively large group (20) but given that I had stopped by earlier in the day, they told me I should move our meeting time up by 15 minutes as other groups had called inquiring about the same arrival time as us. That suggestion made the difference between us getting seated on time versus waiting a while for some tables. The staff was also very accomodating in that we needed 3 separate checks but Hanna handled that small complication seamlessly.

As for the food, everyone in our party enjoyed their meals very much, especially some of the finicky members from our girls volleyball team. I found the artichoke pizza to be perfectly done and quite delicious although the crust for the Faccia Luna pizza was a bit charred (but ate it all anyway). My daughter thoroughly enjoyed the ravioli, and there were raves about the peanut butter cheesecake!

Drinks were filled pretty quickly, and there was no charge for refills (one of the things I dislike about other restaurants is the charge for refills). The prices were very reasonable and the men had enough options for everyone. I wish we had only gone the night before as they have seafood specials that are only available on Fridays and Saturdays (they get fresh seafood shipped in from the D.C. area). All in all, a wonderful experience and I would definitely look to eat here if I am ever in the area again.

Visited May 2013
Roxbury, New Jersey
“Good place homemade pasta”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

Went graduation week and had to,wait 45 mins. My son always wanted to go there for the home,ace pasta.
The pizza the kids had was ok.
The wife's steak was very good, my pasta was good.
They nail you for the drinks, and appetizers so it is not a cheap bill when all is said and done.
I'd say the portions were very good.
You have to know the specialties an what goes best with the different pastas they make.
I recommend the place.

• Visited May 2013
State College, Pennsylvania
“Get there early!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

They get madly busy, even when town is "slow." The pizza is consistently great. I prefer a crust that's not a big mouthful of bread, and they deliver a tasty thinner (but not 'saltine cracker') crust every time.

This is a very local place, and I can't recall a time going in there the last few years when I didn't run into somebody I know.

• Visited May 2013
State College, PA
“The Best Pizza in State College!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

Facia Luna wins the area's "Best Pizza" award nearly every year for a reason. Their pizza is just fabulous and their other Italian food is very good, too. I frequently try pizza at other places around town, but always come back to Facia Luna when I want to eat really good pizza.

• Visited November 2012