“The place for breakfast”
Review of The Waffle Shop

The Waffle Shop
Ranked #2 of 249 Restaurants in State College
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Good, basic food. They move the line quickly, so don't get discouraged. I go to the one north west of campus, because the one by South Halls is always crowded. Remember to bring cash, since they don't take credit cards.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Even with a line out front, we waited for a table. The staff runs an efficient restaurant with great breakfast choices - waffles, omelets and pancakes were great. The coffee was hot and flavorful. We have dined at both locations in State College and have been impressed with the service and quality of food.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Wanted to experience the Waffle Shop based on the TripAdvisor reviews. I was was in State College for a football weekend and even though this is obviously a favorite breakfast place for Penn State fans, everyone was very friendly even though I was the only person there wearing the colors of the opposing team for the PSU football game.

I went to the Waffle Shop location on N Atherton, which I have heard is one of the better ones. On a Sunday morning at 10:45, the line to get in the restaurant was out the door and around the building. From back of line to being seated took approx. 45 minutes, but the line moves often so I kept hanging in there. This is a busy, efficient, restaurant. The menu is extensive and has more then breakfast, although I think breakfast is why most people go here. I got an omelet which was great, and couldn't wait to try the blueberry pancakes which are made from scratch and you see a video of how they are made while you are waiting in line. What I really appreciated was that the server let me substitute a short stack of blueberry pancakes (2) at no charge for the toast and potatoes that would typically come with the omelet.

This restaurant is clean, tasty, has large portions, is reasonably priced plus the staff are friendly. It has the usual breakfast fare, but the food is very good and the pancakes GREAT. I especially liked eating here as I was very aware that I was experiencing a State College "institution". It was worth the wait!.

Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

We have been known to travel from nearby Altoona so my boyfriend can get the peanut butter chip pancakes. But please note this dish is not served all the locations. He gets these at the downtown College Ave site. I normally get the waffles and you can't go wrong.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I enjoyed it. Waffle wasn't perfect, but very good. Overeasy eggs just right. Omelettes good, decent service albeit it can get crowded.

I went to the OWS West --- I think there are three in town.