“ORIGINAL WAFFLE SHOP”

Ranked #3 of 255 Restaurants in State College
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I enjoyed it. Waffle wasn't perfect, but very good. Overeasy eggs just right. Omelettes good, decent service albeit it can get crowded.

I went to the OWS West --- I think there are three in town.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Great place for breakfast. Good food, fresh-brewed coffee, polite, prompt service, reasonable prices. Not fancy, but a really good breakfast. Great location too.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

really enjoyed the home-fries and blue burry flavored syrup! The waitress was very helpful and refilled my coffee as soon as i need it! will come back again.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

You really can't beat this place for breakfast. And don't be alarmed if there is a line out the door. I've never seen a line like that moves as fast as it does. We've been lined up out the door and seated within fifteen minutes. I don't think we've ever had to wait longer than that. Personal favorites? The omelettes and the blueberry waffle. I go back and forth. The prices are very reasonable, and the atmosphere welcoming.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

If you like food, don't bother; if you need food to live, it's fine.
The restaurant is clean and the folks are friendly. It's typical fare - pancake syrup (i.e. corn syrup), Belgian waffles, omelets, etc. I had the Nest - which indicted either crisp or crunchy veggies - they were neither crisp nor crunchy, whichever adjective they used to describe them on the menu.
I can't make any other suggestions for food, though, in State College....