“The #1 breakfast destination in State College”
Review of The Waffle Shop

The Waffle Shop
Ranked #2 of 242 Restaurants in State College
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
New York
“The #1 breakfast destination in State College”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Even with multiple locations in State College, there is a line out the door on weekend mornings so go early or just plan to have a wait. The menu features a wide range of breakfast fare, from yogurt and granola to chocolate chip waffles with whipped cream. Everything is always tasty and hot, service is speedy and the coffee keeps coming.

Visited June 2012

• Korean first
Macungie, Pennsylvania
“Love the waffle shop!”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

You can't go wrong with anything here, the only mistake you can make is to over order. Their pancakes are great but 4 is a lot for the average person, order the short stack. Bacon is thick Nd crispy, and a side is 4 slices. OJ is fresh squeezed and coffee is refilled frequently! My fav is the chocolate chip pancakes with whipped cream...no need for syrup.the service is great. Just remember cash only and if you dont want to wait on a football weekend, get there before 8 am!

• Visited September 2012
State College, PA
“Waffle Shop, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways...”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Consistently excellent food. I love the omelets and the regular breakfasts and the grilled cheese sandwiches and the Reuben sandwiches. I love the prices. I don't like the lines but they can be kind of festive... I love the comfy booths. I love the fun small-town see-everyone-you-know atmosphere. I love it that you can only pay cash. I like the blackberry jam and the whole wheat English muffins.
About the only thing I don't like is the coffee...but it is passable...and too often the tomatoes are...well...like tomatoes these days, not ripe. But that is the fault of the agricultural system, not of the Waffle Shop. Just order the fruit cup instead, unless you see actual ripe tomatoes on the table next to you.
The hash browns are delicious but I avoid them because of calorie count. In general, these calories are worth it, however. What more can I say?

NJ, USA
“Always excellent”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We have been going here for over 20 years - the food remains delicious, and the service is quick. Don't be scared by the long lines, they move fast! This is a must-stop for us when in town!

State College, Pennsylvania
“For Real Fruit-and then some”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Everybody hangs out there. Excellent service by quick, accurate, very young and in-shape [they can't all be off season cheerleaders ] servers. They have a yogurt and fruit dish I tried all over the world to copy.