“Excellent meal and service”
Review of Down Under Steak House - CLOSED

Down Under Steak House
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Toftrees - meaning "Home among the trees" - is nestled amid 1,500 scenic wooded acres in beautiful Centre County, Pennsylvania.The view is inescapable. Sophistication and charm are reflected in every direction. Elegance and a relaxed ambience surround you amid the splendor of this natural and pristine setting in the heart of Pennsylvania's panoramic landscape.
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We had an excellent meal at The Down Under Stake House a few weeks ago. I had the salmon and my husband had the seafood casserole (I think it was called). Both were very tasty. The service, by Alex and Ben, was efficient and friendly. Alex stopped back several times to check on us and our food. The only drawback, and it was very small, was that the Triple Chocolate Cake was just a little dry, but it was still good and that was very minor compared to the excellent main meal and the service.

Benjamin H, General Manager at Down Under Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Dear Keri-Lynn K,

Thank you for the great review of the Down Under Steak House at Toftrees Resort! We appreciate the feedback and will be certain to thank Alex and Ben for a great job! I will be sure to address the chocolate cake with our chef and make sure the quality and consistency is there when we serve this product! We hope that when thinking about where to dine in the future the Down Under Steak House will be one of your choices!

Reviewed July 31, 2013

My husband and I were staying at the Carnegie Inn & Spa in State College, PA. This restaurant was recommended by the Inn and we enjoyed it. Dress: jeans to business casual to fancy dress. My husband had steak cooked to his liking and mashed potatoes w/ a side of white rice. His beer was cold and delicious. I had a vegetarian dish of penne pasta w/ marinated & grilled veggies including a large portabella mushroom on top. Portions were generous. Dessert was cheesecake and triple decker chocolate cake with chocolate minimorsals on the end. Danielle (7-26-13) was pleasant and attentive to our needs. We will definitely eat here again. Reservations are available or walk in. The only thing we would recommend is a sign at the beginning of the entrance to Tofttree Golf Resort that gives more direction to where the restaurant is and also a sign inside the foyer to show you were the restaurant is in the large place.

Benjamin H, General Manager at Down Under Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Dear GardenLady2013,

Thank you for your kind words about the Down Under Steakhouse at Toftrees Golf Resort! We are pleased to hear the steak was cooked perfectly and the vegetarian option was enjoyable as well! We will be sure to thank Danielle for continuing to give excellent service to each and every one of her tables! We hope that if you are back in the area you will chose to stay with us here at the Resort and enjoy another great meal at the Down Under Steakhouse. If we can be of any service in the future please feel free to reach out to us!

Reviewed July 27, 2013

The Down Under is a steak house, but my favorite dish there is the seafood casserole. In my experiences in State College it's the best sea food available. The service is super and I'll single out Andrea who was our server this evening, Danielle who we have had before several times, and Will who arranged a special meal that was not on tonight's dinner menu.

Benjamin H, General Manager at Down Under Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Dear PSUFRED,

Thank you for the great review! We are glad to hear the Seafood Casserole was delightful! We will be sure to thank Andrea and Danielle for providing such good service. We hope that we will continue to have you dine in our establishment! If we can be of any more service please let us know.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I decided to give the Down Under Steak House a try after a recent round of golf at Toftrees. The staff was very friendly and helped me decide to give the wings a try. The teriyaki flavor sounded good so I gave them a try. To say they lived up to my expectations would be a huge understatement -- they were amazing. Last week, I returned and gave the Pittsburgh Steak Salad a try. Again, the food and staff were incredible. The prices were reasonable and worth the money. I would recommend giving the Down Under a try. You will be back.

Benjamin H, General Manager at Down Under Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Dear Mike R,

We appreciate your review of the Down Under Steakhouse. We take pride in our great customer service with our staff members, and delicious food . We thank you for coming back into our restuarant and being open to trying new things. We look forward to when you return again!

All The Best!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

the food is good pub grub - the wraps are very good . . .
also liked the chicken quesadilla

everyone seems to like the food in general - - good burgers too . . .

Benjamin H, General Manager at Down Under Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Dear Hummer in Edina,

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your dining experience. We were glad to hear you enjoyed the Wraps and the Quesadilla. We hope that when you are in the area again in the future that you will come back and dine with us again. If there is anything we can do for you in the future please let us know.

All The Best!