“Hearty meals”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed June 15, 2014

I tried the Mad Mex through the room service they offer for the Days Inn hotel. The portion was very large and the burrito was tasty. I liked their waffle fries but they arrived somewhat cold to my room, making them a bit chewy after a while.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

The Restaurant adjoined the Days Inn where we stayed so it was really convenient. The outside seating was totally full of a younger crowd so we ventured inside and really enjoyed ourselves. The place was spotless!!! The service was great!!! Would stop back if in the area again.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

THE GOOD - Ok decor (just ok) and a fair wait staff.

THE BAD - I ordered a burger and it came with a side salad. However they severed the salad with the Burger. Most places give you the salad first to munch on. So when my plate came out everything looked good. I grabbed my silverware which was wrapped in napkin and noticed food on both forks. I then grabbed the other set of forks on the table, same thing someones already chewed food in the forks. I then grabbed a set of forks off another table, THE 5th FORK I LOOKED at was clean (maybe it was clean I mean it didn't have chewed food stuck on it). The bad part is, if the dish staff didn't catch it then the person wrapping them in the napkins should have. This tells me that they do not soak their dishes or they wait a long time to wash them and multiple department do not care about food service. I bet their kitchen looks disgusting maybe a health inspector should check it out.

THE UGLY - So I was already semi grossed out before I took a bite of food. After taking several bites of my salad I noticed the lettuce tasted like a damp mildew ridden basement. Lettuce is mostly water and if you drank a cup of this lettuce water it would taste like water from a basement dehumidifier, absolutely sick.
Next we have the burger, I got a specialty one with grilled onions and peppers, MJack cheese, fajita sauce and pico, and I ordered it medium. Sounds good right? It looked good besides being like 4 inches thick. Anyway with in one bite the burger started falling apart, it was obviously not made up correctly. The toppings barley had any taste and the burger was COMPLETELY UNSEASONED. I mean nothing at all, it tasted like they took old hamburger meat patted it down and threw it on a stainless steel flat top not even a grill and pressed the hell out of it. For $9.50 (14.00 dollars if you throw in tax and tip) for the most pathetic tasteless thing I've ever had. So to help it a little I looked for some salt and pepper and there was none on the table. So I looked around and there wasn't any on any of the tables, talk about cheap. No salt and pepper to help your tasteless food. Unbelievable, because of the lack of effort I saw in the food and dish staff and the sick food I can't ever go back to this restaurant. I was very tempted to only give it one star.

Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

Ate dinner here cause I was staying at the days inn which is attached to this place. Had the fajita's combo steak and chicken which was awesome. Cold beer kept flowing too. Best thing about this place besides the smoking hot college waitresses was that after getting ripped I could stumble back to my room without driving, can't wait to come back next September for business and eat and drink here again.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Mondays are great, but avoid the first week that students get back to campus. Good selection of burrito fillings, including vegetarian options. Try the portobello one, and carnitas are great too. You get unlimited burritos for five bucks, and margaritas are on special too if you're into that. However, you should get there early because after 7 pm there can be a huge wait for a table. Also order your next burrito as soon as your first one is delivered, because the kitchen obviously gets very busy on Mondays.