“Not good food- not coming back.”
Review of Ni Hao

Ni Hao
Ranked #78 of 245 Restaurants in State College
Reviewed September 20, 2013

This was take out so does not apply to buffet. All the meals had issues and one we ordered we could not eat at all. General Tso chicken was the worst - something was fried but we were unable to say it was meat, let alone say it was chicken. This is a staple menu item and to get it this wrong is a big problem. Veggy fried rice - lacked any flavor. Chicken lo mein was ok and kids ate it but we requested to hold onions and that didn't happen. My meal included poorly prepared broccoli (huge chunks and included large sections of the base) that was maybe cooked for a minute. It was better last year so don't know what changed - but it wasn't good. Won't be back.

There are newer reviews for Ni Hao

Reviewed September 6, 2013

My wife and I ate here late at night, and the buffet and sushi seemed very depleted and not fresh. It just was not at all appetizing. We won't eat here again.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

On a recent trip to the area, we decided to try this Asian Fusion buffet. Being the day after a long weekend, the place was not busy at all. The sushi was freshly made for the dinner hour. I was looking forward to the rest of the buffet and was grossly disappointed. There were fried calamari, shrimp and crab Rangoon. All were obviously prepackaged. My friend decided to go hibachi, making a selection from the fresh veggies and meats on the bar. Sharing a bit of the beef (NY strip) proved to be so tough, I couldn't chew it. The lack of selection, the obviously prepackaged and inedible foods, did not justify the price. I feel as if I was gypped by not visiting on the weekend.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

This spacious, relatively new restaurant is very clean and serves a wide variety of fresh, tasty food. You can choose between finished dishes and assemble-your-own using raw veggies and/or meats/fish. We have dined there several times in the last month and have been happy each time.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

All of the ingredients were very fresh, the sushi was good as was the dim sum. I had meat and fish grilled on the hibachi with a good marinade. Everything was very clean and the food handling practices appeared to be excellent. There were so many choices that we did not have an opportunity to try everything.