“Crepes and cuppa Bodacious”
Review of Callao Cafe and Market - CLOSED

Callao Cafe and Market
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Description: The Place for Crepes...And the world's finest gourmet coffees
Reviewed October 5, 2013

It's Saturday morning and my self craves a cup of Bodacious coffee and a strawberry crepe with Nutella drizzle. Only at Callao Cafe and Market, where the people are strong, good-looking and above average (a la Garrison Keillor).

2  Thank vFNG
There are newer reviews for Callao Cafe and Market

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Callao is a little coffe/crepe shop tucked on Aaron Drive. The food is delicious, the coffees are SO much better than chain shops. The best part though? Everyone is happy to see you. The staff seems to truly enjoy the work they do. There is laughing and fun, but all the work gets done in a timely manner. My husband & I love to go there for Saturday lunches when I finish work!

2  Thank Dana D
Reviewed May 7, 2013

A tiny place with great coffee and crepes, in State College! Very friendly staff. I had a dirty bird crepe with a fantastic raspberry sauce. Not enough time to eat dessert, but I'll be back.

4  Thank Harold M
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Popped in here for 2nd breakfast to meet up with a few friends, what a delight. I am not sure what I enjoyed more, the excellent smooth cappuccino or my made-from-scratch bacon/egg/cheese crepe. (I was jealously checking out the strawberry and banana crepe of one of my compacnions, but needed my protein fix...). Cozy seating, very friendly. I will have to be making several visits so I can work my way through the extensive crepe selections, both sweet and savory.

2  Thank heartlesspwg
Reviewed March 13, 2013

David Price, the owner of "Callao" and a well-known TV personality in State College, envisioned his restaurant to be a neighborhood meeting place, and after our first visit I would say he succeeded.
"Callao" is located in a small strip mall and sits very close to a number of apartment complexes that cater mainly to students. The cafe is small and cozy and it also has a little patio for al fresco dining.
The menu features casual dining options like soups from the famous Harrison's, wraps, pastries, sandwiches, and gourmet coffees and other specialty drinks. The real reason to go there though is to sample the crepes. They have a total of 30 different choices on the menu (breakfast and lunch), but why stop there? You can have your favorite wrap fillings on a crepe, too!
BTW - those crepes are made from scratch, unlike some of those outdoor fairs offerings. My first try was #34 (The One Without a Name), and it certainly deserves a name because it was excellent. My son really liked #37 (Magdalena). I am not sure if I ever make it to the Nutella and bacon crepe, but I plan to come back for some of the other less "exotic" choices.

2  Thank Reiselust1947