“Great!”

Cuisines: Thai
McVeytown, Pennsylvania
“Great!”
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Great food, very descriptive menu, moderately priced, very friendly attentive service. Don't be put off by the outside apearance.

1 Thank Randy M

New York
“I'm warming up to this place...”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I love Thai food and keep going back here hoping it's going to be better...and the last two times I ate there it was! I tend to gravitate toward curries and have liked their Chiang Mai and green curries. My husband is a Pad Thai lover and rates theirs as average. They don't hold back on the spiciness and I like that they offer brown rice, even though it may not be considered "authentic". They are fine with BYOB and their coupons are also a nice touch!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank partera_9
Scranton, Pennsylvania
“A diamond in the rough”
Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

My husband took my here for my birthday. The plaza isn't anything special, this location fly's under the radar, so to speak. However, Inside, there is a very nice atmosphere with nice furniture, nice paintings on the wall, and very pleasant servers, who were very prompt ane helpful. The food was excellent, fresh and flavorful. We got the calamari for an appetizer, and tom kha gai soup, which was the best I've had. Our entrees were also delicious. This was a 5/5 experience for sure. I recommend without reservation!

Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
“Not restaurant-y, but decent”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Definitely not a special location, but I'd say that the curry is better than most other Thai places in town. They're always running coupons, you can always get a table, and it's BYOB. Only complaint is that the quality of the meat leaves something to be desired. The tofu and veggie dishes (with curry!) are great, though.

• Visited June 2012
State College, Pennsylvania
“Go Here!”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

State College can be tough for places to eat. Really almost all of them would never survive in a bigger city with competition....except this one. My Thai is excellent! They have a number of really distinctive dishes. Try the phad MK, the waterfall beef, and the calamari is one of the best ever. I have traveled extensively, including all over southeast Asia, and can honestly say this place is great. No fancy location, actually the location make it a little hard to believe this place is here, next to the salvation army and the crappy Weis Markets. The inside is nothing special, but the food is, and that is why you go here. It is even BYOB, which suits us just fine. We eat here at least every couple weeks. As far as I and my family are concerned, this is probably the best food in State College (not high praise), and it would hold its own anywhere, including NYC! Go here, and be hungry when you do, you won't regret it.

• Visited August 2012