If you are going to State College, this is a great place to stay. It's clean, convenient & comfortable. The kitchen area in the suites (with sink, microwave & fridge) is helpful. The bathrooms are large and comfortable. The staff was welcoming, pleasant and helpful. It looks attractive & well-kept from outside and in the public areas. Although we weren't able to use the pool and hot tub, they looked inviting, and hopefully we'll get to use next time. The hotel is close to the highway, restaurants, and shopping, and it's a very quick drive to the Penn State campus.
The only downside was that the morning breakfast buffet was a little sparse and dirty (we went in the middle of the serving times, not the beginning, but by no means the end of the breakfast time) - people left their used items around the food selections, and the tables had crumbs and food left on them. There were no cups for the juice, so we had to take coffee cups from the coffee serving area in the lobby.
It also would be nice if Marriott would put queen beds instead of doubles in all their rooms - that extra 6 inches means a lot!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the TripAdvisor page of the Award Winning SpringHill Suites by Marriott State College! We are thrilled to announce the completion of our hotel's renovation (please see our updated photo gallery). Our newly renovated lobby, guestrooms, breakfast area, and meeting space create a stylish look and modern feel that will leave you feeling relaxed, refreshed, rejuvenated, and re-energized.Take a dip in our heated indoor pool, or simply enjoy the relaxing jets of our jacuzzi. Help yourself to some freshly brewed coffee, tea, or hot chocolate as you wait in our lobby for a friend or while scanning one of our complimentary newspapers. Need directions or suggestions on local hot spots or things to do? Stop by our front desk. Our friendly and informed associates are always eager to help. Hungry for lunch, or looking for dinner? We're a preferred choice among hotels in State College, Pennsylvania because we're only a six to eight minute drive from wonderful restaurants. Our hotel is also close to Pennsylvania State University, near Beaver Stadium. SpringHill Suites by Marriott State College is the only all-studio suite choice among State College hotels. Enhanced by service that will delight both the business and leisure traveler, enjoy separate spaces to work and relax and thoughtful amenities to help you get the most out of your stay. We offer free high-speed internet access, a pantry with mini-fridge, coffee maker, microwave and comfortable seating that includes a pullout sofa bed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Hotel.de so you can book your SpringHill Suites State College reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites State College Hotel State College
- State College Springhill Suites