“Great vegan/veggie food!”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
“Great vegan/veggie food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

This was a great experience! The chef was very cool and accommodating. It's Newly taken over so he is working on the decor. My husband and kids who eat meat loves their veggie meals. We had the giant Jen Burger, the Merrick and the teryaki mushroom sandwich. All were excellent.

1 Thank AdeTae

“Just a great experience all around!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

When my fiancé and I were near state college recently we decided to stop and try this place out. Myself, being a vegan, and my fiancé, your typical steak and potatoes guy, both enjoyed aardvark because there were two menus with options that appealed to both of us. The guy cooking the food was very pleasant. The prices for food were reasonable,especially for the portion sizes. We will be back in very soon!

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank Simplesun26
Albany, NY
“Best Vegan Option in State College”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2012

Being a vegetarian, I have a special place in my heart for a place that understands us. I have to admit that I just love places that cater to vegetarians and vegans.We heard about Aardvark Kafe through a friend on facebook. It seems like State College, PA doesn’t have too many choices and at times we feel like we are going to the same place all the time. We decided to try this place out. What a pleasant change from all the places we have been to here! To be honest, it is a bit hard to find. We drove right past the place before figuring out that it was actually in the complex we just drove past. They have lots of parking space.
They have an all vegan menu and cooked in a 100%-vegan counter for food prep!
There was some issue about something they needed for cooking one of our dish and we had to wait a bit. But they were so nice about letting us know that there would be a wait and the chef came up to our table and explain exactly why there was a delay. I have not seen that kind of customer service in a while. Recently most restaurants I have been to behave like they are doing us a favor instead of provide us a service that we paid for. The food was good. For the life of mine, I cannot remember the name of the dish I had, but it was excellent. It was called Kurry Wrap or something like that. It had Chickpeas, tofu and he made it spicy for me. Normally, my husband and I order different things and share it so we can try more things off off the menu that way. My husband had to do a lot of convincing to get half of mine from me. My husband ordered Merrick Merrick (which I think was equally good). But I don’t like fried tofu as much. We will definitely go again and soon.
Another thing about the place is the people who own the place are extremely personable. The person who talked to us who also made our food was very friendly. He also has an amazing memory! He knew who commented on facebook and remembered people who had visited before. We heard him talking to people and recognizing people who had been there before. Again, I repeat, it was such a pleasant surprise to see good customer service as lately, bad customer service at restaurants seems to be in vogue.
To be honest, the place has stuff for meat eaters too. So yes, you don't have to be vegan to visit this restaurant. But I loved that I had more than one thing to choose from the menu.

• Visited April 2012