“Nice change” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kildare's - CLOSED

Kildare's
Cuisines: Pub, American, Irish, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: More than just Guinness.
State College, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice change”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

Food is not typical choices and good quality which is nice. Service today was not great due to a PSU bar tour and one waiter for the whole place. But it's not usually like that.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Jim H

Pleasant Gap, Pennsylvania
“Fun Irish Pub!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

We enjoy Kildares! It is a cool atmosphere and they have nice food and beer selection! The Irish breakfast is great as well! We frequently visit here and it's right in the downtown area so it's always a great place to stop while walking around town!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Jessy1021
Pennsylvania
“Good Irish Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I ate here with a group of friends during a business conference. We had a group of 5 that needed separate checks for food & alcohol, individually. The waiter was happy to accommodate us. I ordered the traditional Irish stew. It was like the stew I ate on a trip it Ireland. The mashed potatoes were in the center of the bowl surrounded by the stew. It was great tasting. Of course, I can't go to an Irish Pub without having a traditional Guiness. Well, I had two. This pub is the home of the perfect pint, and again, the Guiness was poured as it is in Ireland. That is pour it at a 45 degree angle & fill it 3/4 full. Let it settle & then top it off. The Perfect Pint as advertised at Kildare's. great food and a great atmosphere.

• Visited April 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun and tasty”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

My son loves the filling Irish meals, and Sundays they have great discounts on them. My son loves the filling Irish meals, and Sundays they have great discounts on them. They have some kind of specials every day, and lots of beer choices. We have been there about ten to a dozen times. Buffalo Shrimp Salad is tasty, and my guys like the Irish nachos made from potatoes.They have some kind of specials every day, and lots of beer choices. We have been there about ten to a dozen times. Buffalo Shrimp Salad is tasty, and my guys like the Irish nachos made from potatoes for an appetizer. Boxty, vegetable with portobellos, red peppers, guiness onions is great, as is the chicken with mushrooms and cheese. Sons also like the Guiness stew, the shepherd's pie, and the burgers. I like that they will sub the burger for a grilled chicken breast! TVs have games on, and we had the good fortune to be there during a Penguin vs Flyers game, and there was good comradery, but that night the Flyers won (yeah!). Soccer games fun, too. My son and I really enjoyed watching games while we eat and chat, and it is one of the places where he has not been made to feel young or odd because he does not have a beer with his meal. May have a wait during busy times. Student servers are mainly friendly and work hard.

• Visited December 2012
Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
“Great atmosphere, great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

Welcoming and relaxed atmosphere, great beer selection, great food. Always a top choice to go back to.

Visited September 2012