“Incredible Service!”

Penn Stater Conference Center
Ranked #9 of 26 Hotels in State College
Reviewed January 28, 2010

My husband and I had our wedding reception at the Penn Stater and it far exceeded our expecations. Our family and friends had a wonderful time and continue to talk about how great the facility is. As a business traveler, I often stay at this hotel and am always happy with my visit. Our wedding reception however, was incredible. The event and catering staff is professional, courteous and totally dedicated to their guests. Not a detail was left unnoticed. I highly recommend choosing the Penn Stater for any reason - from overnight stay to special event.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
PSHSReservationsMgr, Reservations Manager at Penn Stater Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2010

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for sharing such a special day with us! We look forward to seeing you again.

There are newer reviews for Penn Stater Conference Center

Reviewed September 7, 2009

My husband and I have stayed at the Penn Stater twice. We stayed in April during a weekend trip as well as Labor Day weekend for Penn State's first home football game. The rooms are very nice and modern. They are well equipped with small fridges, a great television and comfortable beds.

For game weekend, they were very well set up with a free shuttle going to and from the stadium. We had a parking pass for game day parking but we decided not to use it. The shuttle was much more convenient. It left starting 3 hours before game time and continued until 2 hours after the game. We could go tailgate with friends but didn't have to worry about all the gameday traffic ourselves!

As others noted, the noise transmits unfortunately well from the halls to the rooms. And you need to know that it's not walking distance to campus. But aside from those negatives, it was definitely well worth the stay. We'd stay there again!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KEI2001
Reviewed July 7, 2009

I was pleased with my recent stay at the Penn Stater conference center hotel. The front desk staff were courteous and helpful. My room was very nice and clean and had all new modern/sleek looking furniture. They also offered free wired internet - I didn't have an ethernet cord so the front desk let me have a loaner for free - this was a big plus since most major hotel chains now would charge you for both the service and the loaner cable. The hotel gym is a bit cramped but had several cardio machines, free weights, and a cybex training station; although it was small every time I went it was empty so it was not a problem. The only downside to the hotel is that it is a drive (not a walk) to campus, but they do have a free shuttle service that is willing to take you around town.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed April 6, 2009

We stayed at the Penn Stater for one night and didn't spend too much time around the hotel. The rooms are nice and clean, everything was fairly new. The hotel is located by itself in Innovation Park which is part of PSU, just across the highway. It is pretty isolated and you will need to drive anywhere you are going. The free continental breakfast had slim pickings, so we opted to go elsewhere in the morning.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 21, 2009

I had a 1 bedroom suite, and had a very nice stay. Was there for a meeting. A couple of things to be aware of, the hotel seems to be run by college students. Also, it is a drive (not a walk) to Penn State, period.

My one problem was the decor, the lobby appeared to be very nice, however the rooms and decorations just felt like a upscale dorm room. Between the lounges, the clearly cheap furniture, and the miniature bathroom, it just felt like a dorm, or imagine a state-owned hotel (Penn State?). The suite however was large, and had up to date LCD tv's. Another problem for me is non-smoking in the entire hotel, kind of ridiculous. I paid a whopping $240 a night, and if I were to do it again, I would probably stay at a courtyard, as this is not really much of a step up. Also is very loud, I can hear people slamming doors etc. all night.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed February 16, 2009

We stayed here in February 2009 while visiting the Penn State campus. This hotel is located just off-campus and in a business complex. The hotel was very nice, clean, and new. The hotel rooms were not large, but very comfortable and the furnishings looked in new condition. The hotel was quiet at night. For $89 a night, it was a great deal.

Stayed: February 2009
Reviewed September 21, 2008

Great hotel for price. Modern and clean and new. The beds are wonderful and the decor is very New York.

Only complaint is that the walls are very thin - like a dorm - and you can hear all hallway noise.

Stayed: September 2008