“One of my favorites”

Penn Stater Conference Center
Ranked #9 of 26 Hotels in State College
Reviewed May 5, 2014

I travel throughout Pennsylvania for business very frequently and this is one of my favorite hotels. The rooms are wonderful and the staff are great. The folks at the front desk are especially helpful. The price may been a bit higher than some other hotels, but I would prefer to pay it for the details that make my stay extra special.

There are newer reviews for Penn Stater Conference Center

Reviewed April 29, 2014

Awful. The housekeeping person ignored my do not disturb sign. Its in the middle of no where. My girlfriend smoked a cigarette and blew it out the window, there was no smell by morning but she left the cigarette butt out. The charge was 250 dollars for a cigarette blown out of the window. Even without the charge, its no better than a Super 8, don't let the PSU label make you pay more.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
PSHSReservationsMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Penn Stater Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

We truly regret that we were not able to provide you with the service and value that you were looking for during your stay, and certainly apologize if our team disturbed you at any time.
As a smoke-free property, we do our best to ensure this condition particularly for those with allergies, asthma and other health-related concerns. We ask our guests to acknowlege this environment upon arrival by agreeing to a cleaning fee if they do choose to smoke in their guest room. Unfortunately, with the heavy cleaning that is involved and often a delay of several days until that room is ready to be used by another guest, we do need to ask our guests to compensate for those charges.
Please know that at any time we would like the opportunity to get to know you better so that we may try to personalize your stay and make it more enjoyable for you. Please send any requests to reservations@psu.edu and our team will be happy to assist.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

The Penn Stater is located at the edge of campus and on a non-football weekend is very quiet. It is too far from main campus for an easy walk, but the hotel provides van services within a 5 mile radius. The rooms are quite attractive and the housekeeping is excellent. The restaurant offers an excellent breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We hope to see you again at another time.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

I booked 4 nights with the intent to stay in the hotel the entire time. I have stayed at the Penn Stater in the past, and knew this was the only hotel that I could stay in-without leaving in order to concentrate on my task at hand. During my third stay there-just as every other stay many aspects have been consistent. The Penn Stater has a very courteous and professional staff, clean rooms/bathrooms, and great eating options. If you are looking to stay in for a period of time such as I did-the room service is wonderful. The only issue that I had with this particular stay was that since my time ran into a "football weekend" (Penn State's Blue & White Game is in April each year) I could not end my reservation on Friday night-I had to include Saturday night as well. With my task completed and being inside the room for 3 days-I decided to leave that Saturday evening-even though I still had to pay for the room. I was completely satisfied with the room and stay-simply ready to go home.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Attended a PSAB Conference from April 5 to April 9 (2014) at the Penn Stater - the first time I had ever been at this facility. I must admit - everything was first class - from the check-in to check-out - and everything in between. The room was very nice sized and very clean as was the bathroom. - large beds, free WIFI (and good connection also). The Housekeeping staff was always pleasant and friendly - enjoyed talking with them. The Legends Restaurant offers excellent food (the Sunday Brunch is very good) - also enjoyed room service and that service was prompt and again, the food delicious. I highly recommend staying at the Penn Stater.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

We are so glad that we have had the pleasure of having you here with us - Welcome to The Penn Stater family! We certainly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with others and are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. Please know that you are welcome back at any time.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

We spent a night here in preparation for an early flight out the next morning because the hotel is so close to the airport. The accommodations were very adequate for our small family (2 adults, one child). The staff couldn't have been any friendlier. Everyone we worked with, from the front desk to the shuttle drivers, were very polite and accommodating. With just a one night stay, I was able to leave my truck at the hotel while we were away on vacation for a week, saving us a week's worth of parking expenses at the airport. The shuttle driver was ready for us at 5am the day we departed, and a week later when we got back, there was another driver waiting for us in the baggage claim area of the airport when our flight arrived. We scheduled it ahead of time, and they monitored our flight for us, and the whole thing was incredibly seamless.
Overall this was an excellent experience, and I could recommend the Penn Stater to any friends or family who should be visiting the area.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
PSHSReservationsMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Penn Stater Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

We love being able to provide a seamless experience for our guests and to take some of the hassles out of travelling! Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us and with others. We hope to see you again if your travels bring you back to the area!

Reviewed April 27, 2014

This is a very comfortable place but difficult to find your way around. That is due to it being added onto. You tend to have to shift floors to go from your hotel room to location of meetings. But at least you get some exercise. Lots of elevators make this easy and after a day you learn your way around. It is spacious and very open. Great swimming pool & hot tub ! The food was also a nice addition since the weather outside made leaving not the best experience. Great breakfast selection. The Legends Bar & Rest. were a nice touch but always busy. Get a drink and wait.
Beds are fine but seemed short and I'm just 6' tall. Noisy heating system and I learned to set the temp and wait. It took about 30 min for it to get up to speed.

Room Tip: I was on the 3rd. floor with a nice view. Everyone I was with said they had great rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
PSHSReservationsMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Penn Stater Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback! We know that your time is valuable and appreciate you taking a few moments to give others some insight into our property.
Please know that we can customize your preferences, including room locations, for any of your future stays to give you the best experience while you are our guest! We hope to see you again at another time.